• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Cleveland.com Preseason Big Ten Poll

They're the closest thing to 'Plug and play' I've ever seen.

Fitz and crew can coach 'em up. He'll take 1 stars and end up in a bowl.
True,but you dont replace first rounders at NW.
Last year they were as sound as they get with great talent.
I look for the same minus that great talent

Not about the headline. :Banana:

BIG TEN WEST

1. Wisconsin (29 first-place votes) 233 points

2. Iowa (5) 202

3. Northwestern 160

4. Minnesota 146

5. Nebraska 91.5

6. Purdue 72.5

7. Illinois 47

C

Got ‘em right where we want ‘em! Also liked how HCSF wasn’t making any boastful proclamations at the B1G media day, but rather quiet confidence, think he’s learning….

GBR

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2011/07/nebraska_named_big_ten_favorit.html

Division predictions (first-place votes in parentheses)
* Voting on 6-5-4-3-2-1 point system

LEGENDS
Nebraska (19) 139
2. Michigan State (4) 118
3. Iowa 82
4. Michigan (1) 71
5. Northwestern 69
6. Minnesota 25

LEADERS
Wisconsin (22) 141
2. Ohio State (1) 113
3. Penn State (1) 95
4. Illinois 76
5. Purdue 52
6. Indiana 27

Title game matchup predictions:
Nebraska over Wisconsin (10)

whoops .......

Last edited:
I don't know about that, but if you made me pick one guy to coach my team, I'm picking Fitz.

Not everyone can coach/win with studs and stars because it becomes as much about personality management as it does X's and O's, but I appreciate and understand the guy who can do more with less.
Yep I agree with all your posts here. Fitz is my favorite non Nebraska coach. I love his loyalty to his school. He could have taken a big job years ago.

Last edited:

Well coached and often one dimensional on offense,but those defenses, solid. And the offense would often enough get theirs.

Time will tell if the defense is as good, I just dont see them being that sound anymore.

I can't fathom them being as good without Hank. At least at first. O'Neil is an interesting pick with his wealth of NFL experience and his past experience with Fitzgerald.

I can't fathom them being as good without Hank. At least at first. O'Neil is an interesting pick with his wealth of NFL experience and his past experience with Fitzgerald.
The balance, the little things, those things just dont get put back right away.
Weve started seeing it here, slowly developing it, then team changes, balancing/covering your weaknesses etc.
Our defense is just now becoming sound, so I look at NW and know some things will be missing until everyone gets it and does it.
One thing ,theyll still be good, but not as sound imo, at least not this year

The balance, the little things, those things just dont get put back right away.
Weve started seeing it here, slowly developing it, then team changes, balancing/covering your weaknesses etc.
Our defense is just now becoming sound, so I look at NW and know some things will be missing until everyone gets it and does it.
One thing ,theyll still be good, but not as sound imo, at least not this year

I can't find much of anything on what their base D will be, but I'm assuming 3-4. We've seen first hand how different DC's 3-4's can look, so you're likely right that the players will have some learning to do. What is going to be interesting to watch is how O'Neil does with kids again. Hank was a lifetime college coach. O'Neil has been working mostly with pros the last ten plus years. There is absolutely a difference.

Regardless, here's hoping he's still struggling to figure it out October 2nd.

I can't find much of anything on what their base D will be, but I'm assuming 3-4. We've seen first hand how different DC's 3-4's can look, so you're likely right that the players will have some learning to do. What is going to be interesting to watch is how O'Neil does with kids again. Hank was a lifetime college coach. O'Neil has been working mostly with pros the last ten plus years. There is absolutely a difference.

Regardless, here's hoping he's still struggling to figure it out October 2nd.
I think its what hes seeing and relaying that to the coaches under him, and then getting them all there to what he wants to see.
Banker got maligned, but when we needed our D backfield to improve, he took over, and it improved.
Was it our coaches, or his lack of getting his vision across?

Yea, November sounds early enough

I think its what hes seeing and relaying that to the coaches under him, and then getting them all there to what he wants to see.
Banker got maligned, but when we needed our D backfield to improve, he took over, and it improved.
Was it our coaches, or his lack of getting his vision across?

Yea, November sounds early enough

You have to wonder what happens in 2017 if Banker comes back.

The 8-4 in 2016 was a bit of smoke and mirrors, but the defense had some good moments....mixed in with some horrible moments.

How has nobody thrown a dump truck of money to Fitzgerald. I get he is coaching his alma mater, but this guy is absolutely one of the best coaches in the country. Very few coaches do more with less than he does.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back