• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas and OU to SEC

Yes, but partly it's tied to Nebraska losing its AAU status, which is mostly related to some spiteful B1G schools forcing the change. The irony is that after we left the Big 12 for the B1G, Oklahoma and Texas supported our staying in the AAU while Wisconsin and Michigan helped push us out.

Bigger than that, the B1G doesn't like adding a school like Iowa State when they already have Iowa, and Iowa is considered the flagship research university. Unless Iowa actively advocated for Iowa State to be invited, it isn't going to happen.
Absolutely no way no how the Squawk-eyes allow ISU into the BIG imo. It would hurt their in state recruiting and in other negative ways. Only need 1 NO vote in the BIG which I believe the Squawk-eyes would use!

Hate to admit it but I posted on another thread very recently about the Big Ten needs to become the big 16 and that there will be 64 teams in for conferences and each team should have 16 teams so if Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC Missouri is not going to leave the SEC to join the big town I could see Kansas and Syracuse having enough academic credentials to qualify for the Big TenWe would also have to Have two other her teams that would go into the big town I would like it if North Carolina and Virginia would join the Big Ten do not want ND
Missouri might not want to be in a league with so many heavyweights. Also the academic money in the BUG is huge and way bigger than the SEC. If it’s truly about money they might listen. If you’re Missouri and could play the BIG west schedule it might be more appealing.

I knew this would happen someday. I’m a little surprised everything is moving so quickly. College football as we once knew it is officially dead and gone. I guess we adapt or just go fishing. Maybe I will take up bow hunting or something in the fall. It’s funny I started a thread about a month ago that asked what it would take for me to stop being a fan. I said absolutely nothing could. Well they’re testing me this last few weeks.

TT and OSU Would be readily invited to the pack 12 then the leftovers would have to join like the AAU or some other conferences like North Dakota and South Dakota teams and their legs

I knew this would happen someday. I’m a little surprised everything is moving so quickly. College football as we once knew it is officially dead and gone. I guess we adapt or just go fishing. Maybe I will take up bow hunting or something in the fall. It’s funny I started a thread about a month ago that asked what it would take for me to stop being a fan. I said absolutely nothing could. Well they’re testing me this last few weeks.

Well…you could create/join a HuskerMax bowling league in your area. :thumbsup:

tenor.gif

I know this may be a long shot. But I say if OU and UT go to the SEC we try to pull Texas A&M to the BIG. that would be a great pull for us recruiting wise and A&M can keep their distance from the scum of the earth UT.
AtM is not going anywhere

Get yourself a motorcycle, a flyrod and hit the road. Streams across the region are waiting for your arrival.

What's the term for being shocked but not shocked by something? I bet the German's have a word for it.
The game is more about the Benjamin$ as time goes on. Sometimes hard to accept but that's the way it is.

Saturdays just feed up..

NFL lite has arrived...

Paying kids a million bucks? think what those products will spend on advertising. games just became 5 hours long to get their products seen by the fans to go buy Billy Bob the RB corndogs at halftime

Absolutely no way no how the Squawk-eyes allow ISU into the BIG imo. It would hurt their in state recruiting and in other negative ways. Only need 1 NO vote in the BIG which I believe the Squawk-eyes would use!

I would think Nebraska would as well. ISU dropping in conference prestige helps Nebraska in recruiting. Minnesota and Wisconsin possibly as well.

Last edited:

My guess if they were to search out someone from the east, W. Va makes more sense. While I like the two choices you named, NC especially, have a feeling their buyout would be large.
West Virginia, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, KState … are all non-starters. B1G must think bigger … acquire universities that attract eyeballs. Kansas, ND, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse …

Here’s my wide ass prediction … North and South Dakota State schools jump into the big boys pond and replace OU and Texas in the B12.

Outside of ND, who has already moved in with their new girlfriend (ACC), there are no big names out there. There is no reason for the B1G to expand just because the SEC does. You can be sure that the SEC would not be looking at any of these schools being tossed about if the B1G were to add OU and Texas. They would just keep doing what they are doing, and the B1G should as well until there is a compelling reason to do something else.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back