• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas and OU to SEC

Hate to admit it but I posted on another thread very recently about the Big Ten needs to become the big 16 and that there will be 64 teams in for conferences and each team should have 16 teams so if Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC Missouri is not going to leave the SEC to join the big town I could see Kansas and Syracuse having enough academic credentials to qualify for the Big TenWe would also have to Have two other her teams that would go into the big town I would like it if North Carolina and Virginia would join the Big Ten do not want ND

If this goes through, Iowa State, KState, Okie State, Baylor and Texas Tech will be homeless. Jayhawks get somewhere based on hoops and TCU might have enough clout to make a run for the Pac-Whatever.

Best case? They join up with the SWC rejects and make a go with a big Texas conference (minus the Crown Jewels of UT/A&M).

Houston, SMU, Rice + Big XII leftovers could make a push for being a Power conference, but my gut says they'll rule the G5 world.

Long term, though, it's all moot and NIL dooms everyone who's not a Blue Blood, or at least hitched to one (Michigan-MSU) and in a Money-Printing conference.

Last edited:

If this goes through, Iowa State, KState, Okie State, Baylor and Texas Tech will be homeless. Jayhawks get somewhere based on hoops and TCU might have enough clout to make a run for the Pac-Whatever.

Best case? They join up with the SWC rejects and make a go with a big Texas conference (minus the Crown Jewels of UT/A&M).

Houston, SMU, Rice + Big XII leftovers could make a push for being a Power conference, but my gut says they'll rule the G5 world.

Long term, though, it's all moot and NIL dooms everyone who's not a Blue Blood, or at least hitched to one (Michigan-MSU) and in a Money-Printing conference.
You are forgetting West Virginia.

Trying to be realistic if this were to go throughout, it's going to be hard to pull ACC teams. That leaves a few options if you want to expand by two teams.

Notre Dame is obviously the top choice, but they already have one foot in the ACC.

Kansas and Louisville could be interesting, adding one team to each division. From a footprint standpoint, WVU would fit well and get their travel in check.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back