• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Buying tickets outside stadium?

BeeJack

Recruit
2 Year Member
Are the days over of walking around memorial stadium and buying game tickets from scalpers??? This was my preferred way to get into the games.

I'm guessing we'll see more empty seats due to this policy (regardlessly of other factors). Making a simple cash transaction now difficult, along with potential cyber security issues, just to transfer a ticket.

The electronic ticket thing may be a problem when buying outside the stadium. I’ve always got my tickets outside the stadium. Hold until right before kickoff, price drops. I’m not sure how you will transfer those.

Do any season tickets holders know if they can still request paper tickets for sure? If they can, I'm sure most would since that's how you will be able to sell them easily at the stadium if you need to send them with someone. E-Tickets complicate the ways you can easily get rid of your tickets and have the buyer believe its legit, there's no way I'm going to accept a text from from someone on the street saying that its a legit ticket they're sending me. Thanks for your reply's on this, this is a HUGE deal to me!

Do we know yet if the stadium is going to be allowed to be full for every game?

Do any season tickets holders know if they can still request paper tickets for sure? If they can, I'm sure most would since that's how you will be able to sell them easily at the stadium if you need to send them with someone. E-Tickets complicate the ways you can easily get rid of your tickets and have the buyer believe its legit, there's no way I'm going to accept a text from from someone on the street saying that its a legit ticket they're sending me. Thanks for your reply's on this, this is a HUGE deal to me!
I believe I read in this thread paper tickets could be picked up at will call.
Major hassle

The electronic ticket thing may be a problem when buying outside the stadium. I’ve always got my tickets outside the stadium. Hold until right before kickoff, price drops. I’m not sure how you will transfer those.
It was done for the CWS. In fact, people who paid more for generic paper tix could NOT sell them in person even to scalpers because of the fear of counterfeits. There were a couple of Old guys tailgating with us who said they could not give paper tix away. You can easily transfer electronic tix.

CWS switched to Ticketmaster this year; they have an NCAA platform and it worked well. I bet this is what NU will use as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back