• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is anyone else a Mecham junkie?

LarstheRed

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
I love auctions, and had the pleasure of working for one for a few years, so I get a kick out of watching the games being played as well as seeing the great cars roll by. For me, while it is fun to watch some of the big numbers the featured stock brings, I like to see some of the ‘basic’ sales. If you ever go to a multi day sale, the early days have some nice buys, on some really fun stuff. If you are like me, when you see some of them, you immediately associate them with a guy you knew who had one, and wonder just how many of the are now rusting away at the local salvage yard.

It’s a fun way to fill in the day when not much else is on.

I love auctions, and had the pleasure of working for one for a few years, so I get a kick out of watching the games being played as well as seeing the great cars roll by. For me, while it is fun to watch some of the big numbers the featured stock brings, I like to see some of the ‘basic’ sales. If you ever go to a multi day sale, the early days have some nice buys, on some really fun stuff. If you are like me, when you see some of them, you immediately associate them with a guy you knew who had one, and wonder just how many of the are now rusting away at the local salvage yard.

Love watching those auction site shows just to see how crazy people get with bidding, and to see if it “makes sense” lol. I also love Bring a Trailer to see those sales determine values.
regarding Mecham I would love to see one in person! GBR

Thinking of taking my 300zx tt to the Kansas city mecum auction next year.
Unless it's premo, low miles, high dollar, you would be better selling it yourself. Their fee's are outrageous. The lower value cars go later.

My guess is that by the time that you ship it, attend the auction, pay all of their fee's , listing, sale fee ,it will cost around $2,000 to sell it.

Bolded not necessary, but helps.

I watch whenever I see it on.. that and the other big auction show.. the name escapes me at the moment.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back