• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 MLB

Sheesh, White Sox lose another player to injury. This time it's Grandal, out for probably a month or more. Thank goodness the Indians aren't able to make up any ground lately. Hopefully Jimenez and Robert come back in the next few weeks.

Sheesh, White Sox lose another player to injury. This time it's Grandal, out for probably a month or more. Thank goodness the Indians aren't able to make up any ground lately. Hopefully Jimenez and Robert come back in the next few weeks.
It won't matter. The central is trash, ChiSox should be able to win the division with their triple A squad.

Pro sports kind of decided that they didn't want people like me as a fan. I've returned the favor as I just don't care to watch any of it anymore. Haven't watched a game in going on two full seasons of any pro sport now, and I have to say, I don't miss it at all.

What were the Royals doing last night in the draft. Mozzicato has good stuff, but there were so many better players. Rocker would have been pitching for them by the trade deadline next year. House might be the next Trevor Story. Stupid, stupid pick.

DONU with two dudes taken in the first three rounds.
That's pretty impressive given that more than half the draftees are high school kids.

What were the Royals doing last night in the draft. Mozzicato has good stuff, but there were so many better players. Rocker would have been pitching for them by the trade deadline next year. House might be the next Trevor Story. Stupid, stupid pick.
Agree with it being a stupid pick.

From what I read they believe they can sign him for below the max associated with that slot, and then use the money later on. So it was a new cheap move that feels a lot like the old cheap Royals, kind of like when they passed on Andrew Miller and took Luke Hochevar #1 overall years ago. Man, I went back and looked at the 2006 draft when they took Hochevar #1 overall, they passed on Miller, Evan Longoria, Clayton Kershaw, Tim Lincecum, and Max Sherzer (all picked in the top 11)

Whoopsies.

Schwellenbach to the Braves. Happy as a Husker fan and happy as a Braves fan.
Braves need arms so Cusick and Schwellenbach could help their bullpen in a few years. If Cusick gets a reliable second pitch and hones in his fastball accuracy, he very well could be a closer. I don’t see him being a starter in the bigs. It will be interesting to see how they use Schwellenbach. He has three plus pitches so I want him on the mound. But man, his exit velocity is really good.

Braves need arms so Cusick and Schwellenbach could help their bullpen in a few years. If Cusick gets a reliable second pitch and hones in his fastball accuracy, he very well could be a closer. I don’t see him being a starter in the bigs. It will be interesting to see how they use Schwellenbach. He has three plus pitches so I want him on the mound. But man, his exit velocity is really good.
The NL version of Ohtani? :Eek:

Wow, the Nats just blew up their roster! Makes me ill that they sold their soul to the devil (Dodgers).

And this right after Washington choked away a 7-0 lead over the Phillies.

Brutal, brutal day to be a Nationals fan.

Go Phillies! That was Philadelphia's second game with a walk off homer this week!

Last edited:
Wow, the Nats just blew up their roster! Makes me ill that they sold their soul to the devil (Dodgers).

And this right after Washington choked away a 7-0 lead over the Phillies.

Brutal, brutal day to be a Nationals fan.

Go Phillies! That was Philadelphia's second game with a walk off homer this week!

I’m sure the Nationals fans are hurting, but that’s a textbook step one rebuild right there. Rizzo’s first rebuild netted them 10 years of contention baseball and a World Series title…that doesn’t always happen. They sold their entire farm system to get it. I hate that the loaded Dodgers got Scherzer AND Turner, it’s stupid how loaded they are. But Keibert Ruiz and Josiah Gray are a hell of a haul all things considered. Those two along with Mason Thompson, Brady House, and all of the young arm talent they have collected in the last 3 drafts will set them up for success 2 years from now…in theory of course.

I thought the Cubs handled the trade deadline well, too. As a Phillies fan, I’m sure you are happy that the Mets sold their future for a rental and a likely sweep by Buehler/Kershaw/Scherzer and company.

I’m sure the Nationals fans are hurting, but that’s a textbook step one rebuild right there. Rizzo’s first rebuild netted them 10 years of contention baseball and a World Series title…that doesn’t always happen. They sold their entire farm system to get it. I hate that the loaded Dodgers got Scherzer AND Turner, it’s stupid how loaded they are. But Keibert Ruiz and Josiah Gray are a hell of a haul all things considered. Those two along with Mason Thompson, Brady House, and all of the young arm talent they have collected in the last 3 drafts will set them up for success 2 years from now…in theory of course.

I thought the Cubs handled the trade deadline well, too. As a Phillies fan, I’m sure you are happy that the Mets sold their future for a rental and a likely sweep by Buehler/Kershaw/Scherzer and company.

More than anything, I hate that the Dodgers have become what the Yankees were for decades. Have talent, get more talent, spend whatever.

The Brewers have played 60 guys this season ... remarkable considering the 40 man roster.

They dropped Travis Shaw and immediately was picked up by playoff contending Red Sox.

IMO the Nationals did better in their fire sale then the Cubs did. Ruiz and Gray are one heck of a return (although I still don't understand trading Turner)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back