• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McCaffrey bros not happy with coach frost comments

No punches. Correct. And therefore no need for big bro to pop off and go after Frost. Case closed.
Totally agree. Frost's comments don't represent how he treats his players when they are no longer of use to him. He merely stated a fact. There was absolutely nothing wrong with stating that fact. And it's pretty obvious that Luke got bad advice.

Oh yeah...technically, Frost shouldn't be questioned on how he treats his players who are no longer of use to him because Luke entered the transfer portal and went to Louisville which means he is not Frost's player. AND if you want to take it a step further, Luke is two degrees away from being Frost's player since he transferred to Rice.

Had Frost said something like...."The transfer portal....hmm. Pretty soon, no one will be playing six degrees of Kevin Bacon any more. Instead, with the bad advice being passed around concerning the portal, we'll be playing six degrees of Luke McCaffrey."...that might have been worse.

Last edited:
Well, he did. He alluded to several players who ended up in lesser places. I know their names just like I know who he was alluding to when he said that a player has transferred twice already.
Breaking it down, cherry picking, and placing it out of context does no good for the kids, and no one can deny that this was about the kids, not a kid

Another perfect example of how dare anyone tell the TRUTH!! Thin skinned whining, sniveling people just looking for something *itch about imo. SF told the truth imo about the portal and what happens to a lot of kids using it. The NCAA created this monster and everyone in college sports is going to live with the long term problems now. I believe tampering is now rampant and there's little that can be done because it's so hard to prove. Bottom line this is all about absolutely nothing except some fake outrage and click bait for a certain so called journalist.

The headline here is the McCaffrey bros should have walked away, understanding Frost was making a larger point and was not meant as a slam on their little bro.

A second string QB, touted as the future of a program, who transfers out to “start“ at another school, only to learn he’s #3, and transfers yet again, is a perfect example for Frost’s point. Further, it’s not clear this will be LM’s last transfer. Might be better not to re-shine the spotlight on little bro just yet.
Plenty of time to transfer from Rice to whatever school.

Another perfect example of how dare anyone tell the TRUTH!! Thin skinned whining, sniveling people just looking for something *itch about imo. SF told the truth imo about the portal and what happens to a lot of kids using it. The NCAA created this monster and everyone in college sports is going to live with the long term problems now. I believe tampering is now rampant and there's little that can be done because it's so hard to prove. Bottom line this is all about absolutely nothing except some fake outrage and click bait for a certain so called journalist.
Then what approach.
Make bad policy, attack those that expose it,then after ruined careers, the ones who made the bad policies have to then fix them.
Time to quit attacking the messenger right?

And whos to say one schools education is better than anothers?
Some are better, as well as their football program.
When it comes to kids potential on and off the field, its within a coaches desires for the best of both.
If the kid didnt care, those other schools would be filled with high learned great athletes, but thats not reality

Last edited:
I disagree with your statement. Frost called out no one and was honest. Christian called out Frost, personally attacked him and the program and specifically recruiting. I can't help you if you can't see that, and I'm happy to agree to disagree, but in good conscience, i could not let your comment go without replying.
I guess I am not seeing how Frost’s comments were directed specifically at McCaffrey. He’s hardly the only one who left Nebraska that has transferred multiple times. Perhaps more evidence the McCaffrey’s think the world revolves around them?

I don't necessarily think Frost is wrong with most of what he said, but I think he would have been better off with a no comment.

I particularly wish he'd left out the kids leaving to places that aren't as good as Nebraska comment.
I don’t agree with you here. Especially on item two. I can see where one can say that it is for any individual to decide what is best for themselves, but I struggle to see some of the moves made being upgrades for the individual.

Frost's comments were pretty clear. He made reference to a player that transferred twice in short order. Is anyone unclear exactly which player he was referring to when he said that?

If Frost hadn't made an obvious reference to Luke, then Christian wouldn't have any basis to say anything.

Because he did (Frost, that is), I don't think it's unwarranted for Christian to offer criticism in return.

I agree with the OP. Not the smartest comment on Frost's part.

But yes, agree to disagree.

"McCaffrey was on campus for roughly a week, and according to Satterfield, participated in “3-4” summer workouts, and decided to leave the program because he wanted to come in and be the starting quarterback."

"Why McCaffrey will be eligible right away​

Sam Khan Jr., senior writer: Although McCaffrey announced in February that he was headed to Louisville, his time with the Cardinals was brief. He arrived in June, was not placed on scholarship and did not attend class, thus, his status in the transfer portal remained active."

come on man, SF comments were spot on. 3-4 summer workouts and then left Louisville.... not even practices. didn't even enroll in school there. kid is just looking for a school to make him the starter. plain an simple. education is secondary here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back