• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McCaffrey bros not happy with coach frost comments

As I originally said, Frost didn’t need to make reference to Luke, directly or indirectly. It didn’t change the substance of his comment one way or another.

Leave Luke out of it and the news cycle finds something else to talk about.

Not a big deal for either party. Just another day in the life of sports Twitter.
Kind of a big deal for a national sports superstar that millions of kids look up to to publicly impugn Scott's character & specifically try to influence recruits to go elsewhere.

As I originally said, Frost didn’t need to make reference to Luke, directly or indirectly. It didn’t change the substance of his comment one way or another.

Not a big deal for either party. Just another day in the life of sports Twitter.
You didn’t specify the punches you claimed. What punches did Frost throw?

I will leave something that I posted in a conversation:

When you line up LM & KJJ beside each other, it makes me wonder why we get worked up over the shiny name in the recruiting process.

I’ll add this too … no comparison to Frost’s transfer & LM. Truth be told, Frost went the worst kind of hazing & abuse coming back to Nebraska — LM got the kid gloves treatment, and did even take a class at Louisville?

He never enrolled there which is why he can play immediately at Rive

Kind of a big deal for a national sports superstar that millions of kids look up to to publicly impugn Scott's character & specifically try to influence recruits to go elsewhere.
Thats the thing, ones a coach of many kids, the other, a 'popular' brother who has to watch what he says as well.
This can be all understood in context, not removing this from the middle of a statement, or quoting only a portion of one.
This on its face is poor form, and betters us in no known ways

Far as I know he never mentioned Luke

What he said was right about the portal

The McCaffrery brothers decided to jump in without reading the whole context of what he said

One is a coach so not a good look at all to bash another coach on Twitter.

The other is a professional football player and not a good look either.

The only ones looking foolish and unprofessional are them

Oh and their brother was never mentioned by name

Last edited:
Sometimes showing "love" to a friend is telling the truth when they make a mistake. So saying he thought that a former player got bad advice is not a slam. He did not wish any player ill will. LM got bad advice and transferred from one P5 to another. When he got there he found out that they wanted him to move to another position. Then transferred to a G5 school. So is it wrong to point out that you made a mistake? I have done this with my own son when he moved from one job to another. Mainly because the other job looked cooler.

Additionally I believe SF point in pointing this out was to HOPEFULLY keep other kids at no matter which school from thinking before they make a move.

Far as I know he never mentioned Luke

What he said was right about the portal

The McCaffrery brothers decided to jump in without reading the whole context of what he said

One is a coach so not a good look at all to bash another coach on Twitter.

The other is a professional football player and not a good look either.

The only ones looking foolish and unprofessional are them

Oh and their brother was never mentioned by name

Go look at the portion I scratched out.

If he’s not referring to Luke, then who is he talking about exactly?

C6C20E3C-C61B-4BA2-A074-1738EFDFECEA.jpeg

Go look at the portion I scratched out.

If he’s not referring to Luke, then who is he talking about exactly?

View attachment 65705
Youre neglecting to mention all those whom you also didnt cover over ,the kids that know where theyre going before they transfer out.
Is he then guilty of mentioning them too, without mentioning names?

Perfection at the level you want does a disservice to the future of kids seeking todo the same thing.

Sometimes showing "love" to a friend is telling the truth when they make a mistake. So saying he thought that a former player got bad advice is not a slam. He did not wish any player ill will. LM got bad advice and transferred from one P5 to another. When he got there he found out that they wanted him to move to another position. Then transferred to a G5 school. So is it wrong to point out that you made a mistake? I have done this with my own son when he moved from one job to another. Mainly because the other job looked cooler.

Additionally I believe SF point in pointing this out was to HOPEFULLY keep other kids at no matter which school from thinking before they make a move.

I get your example, but to me, the “love” you’re describing is something you say and do in private conversations with the person.

Or as I’ve been taught, praise in public, correct in private.

To be clear, Frost didn’t cause any major offense. Just may not be his best public remarks. That’s all.

Youre neglecting to mention all those whom you also didnt cover over ,the kids that know where theyre going before they transfer out.
Is he then guilty of mentioning them too, without mentioning names?

Perfection at the level you want does a disservice to the future of kids seeking todo the same thing.

where else in that entire passage did he make specific reference to any other players?

Frost said kids are getting poor advice. He didn’t disparage anyone. He stated the truth, not attacking anyone. If CM is mad at the truth, then that’s on him. Why you would defend him for his inappropriate response is baffling and odd.

Frost didn’t make the best remark
CM overreacted to the remark
I appreciated Doc Rob’s tweet

All three can be true.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back