• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ACC maybe 3 teams in CWS??

johnrr6

Lucky!
5 Year Member
I mean with NCSU’s epic defeat of Arky…

and surprising Virginia which is always good…(I met Coach O’Connor once…very impressive guy) grew up in Omaha.

And Norte Dame which for all intents and purposes is ACC for Baseball having played an All ACC schedule…

Heck…they might wind up with more teams in the CWS then the seemingly overrated SEC and ACC baseball entirely underrated.

Games today will decide but I thought it interesting.

Just happy to see Arky out of the works. Darn that 8th inning wp!!!
Who knows, we could have played, and knocked off NC State.
In any case, as I said the other day, I am picking Stanford to take the CWS.

Good luck, Cardinal..........another Big Red!!! :)

Arizona
Stanford
Virginia
North Carolina State
Mississippi State
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Texas

Great field…

No real standout favorites

Anybody’s College World Series to win!

thinking about buying a ticket and a flight to Omaha to watch a game.

Haven’t seen one since I was 18….49 years ago…

sheesh…I’m getting old…

I'll root for MSU to win it all(probably wont) just because I lived in Mississippi and I really don't give a hoot about any of the other teams.

Arizona
Stanford
Virginia
North Carolina State
Mississippi State
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Texas

Great field…

No real standout favorites

Anybody’s College World Series to win!

thinking about buying a ticket and a flight to Omaha to watch a game.

Haven’t seen one since I was 18….49 years ago…

sheesh…I’m getting old…
I am 83. you're not old John.... and neither am I ;)

I think Arizona is the team to keep an eye on.

Vandy and Texas may very well be the favorites, and wouldn't surprise me at all if either won, however.

Would have been cool to see small school, Dallas Baptist, in the CWS field. DBU has had a quality program for some time now. But alas, it's a rare field of nothing but traditional heavyweight programs. Will make for some great matchups.

Would have been cool to see small school, Dallas Baptist, in the CWS field. DBU has had a quality program for some time now. But alas, it's a rare field of nothing but traditional heavyweight programs. Will make for some great matchups.
Agree….This year’s field of a teams lacks the small school Cinderella and instead you have your power five traditionals.

The year Coastal Carolina won it all just blew me away! Was really good for college baseball as a whole entity.

But I live in Virginia, and I like Coach O’Connor, so I’m rooting for Virginia!

I don't have a favorite, but I will be rooting against the $EC teams and Texass. So I'll be happy if any of the other four teams wins it.

I always try to root for any northern teams that are in it, but there aren't any this year.

Last edited:
I think Arizona is the team to keep an eye on.

Vandy and Texas may very well be the favorites, and wouldn't surprise me at all if either won, however.

Csker had a lot of good things to say about Dallas Baptist. I guess, Carrollton is close to Dallas?

I don't have a favorite, but I will be rooting against the $EC teams and Texass. So I'll be happy if any of the other four teams wins it.

I always try to root for any northern teams that are in it, but there aren't any this year.
Well, if it helps in any way, you can root for Stanford. After all, they are in Northern California. ;)
When I lived in the East Bay (Concord), I went to Stanford, one time, to see our Huskers play. As it turned out, they blew it in the 9th( go figure! ;) ) They brought
the infield in for a strange-looking setup for a dp...................and it did not work! Yes, we lost. :(

I'll root for MSU to win it all(probably wont) just because I lived in Mississippi and I really don't give a hoot about any of the other teams.
Glad, Mississippi won over Notre Dame. They complained they should have been a host. They said, they won their conference by 4 games. Well, we won by what? 3 or 3 1/2 games? We were sent to play #1!! Take that, Notre Dame!!! :Taunt:

I don't think I'll actively root for any of the CWS teams. However, I've grown soft on Texas. I have many Longhorn friends who are all great people. Or maybe seeing the UT Tower and football stadium from my windows at home has hypnotized me -- and I've been on campus dozens of times (it's a very nice campus). :Biggrin: I could never root for the Horns against Nebraska, of course. But in the CWS, I'm fine with Texas winning.

I also wouldn't mind seeing NC State win it all.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back