• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa to expand beer and wine sales at all athletic venues

WeNeedMorePower

Totally oblivious
10 Year Member
This makes Iowa the 8th Big Ten team to allow alcohol sales.

Alcohol sales at Iowa football games, in particular, has been an annual hot topic. Iowa athletics director Gary Barta has said for years that the day would come.

Now, it’s here.

“While there is an opportunity for increased revenue, this decision was based on enhancing the fan experience and providing an additional amenity to our fans,” Barta said in a statement.

Last edited:

So silly we're not. It's such a TO thing of a long gone era. It goes along with the no gambling thing.
And what's wrong with that? "Everybody" is legalizing gambling, MJ, alcohol in stadiums, ... And it's leading to a more decadent society. Nothing wrong with "puritanical" rules.

There are enough drunks at games the way it is. We don't need to encourage it.

And what's wrong with that? "Everybody" is legalizing gambling, MJ, alcohol in stadiums, ... And it's leading to a more decadent society. Nothing wrong with "puritanical" rules.

There are enough drunks at games the way it is. We don't need to encourage it.
Other than your wrong that it leads to more drunks as it actually leads to fewer sure, I think we should all have puritan values forced on us.

I don't think it's necessary, and I won't partake, but whatever, not my call. I drink enough before the game.

I personally don't think it would change things much if it was sold at NU. PBA already sell at all events except NU events. Drinking and tailgating is already everywhere outside Memorial. There will always be some belligerent fans inside, and I don't think the number will change much with expanded sales.

To me, it’s kind of like the legalized marijuana thingy.

And I am a pretty conservative guy. Never used drugs of any sort in my life.

It’s going to exist no matter what. Seems a social norm. So authorities might as well make “legal” money off of it.

They do probably need to beef up security if they try this…at least initially to see how it all pans out.

But hey, just a good opportunity for some overworked and over stressed police officers to earn a little “safe“ extra money for the family and see a Husker game on the cheap.

After all the crap that has gone on…they could use a break.

Just IMPO college football has some of the greatest fans and atmosphere. I just think allowing alcohol will bring that down. A bunch of now drunk and rowdy persons will make the experience and atmosphere suck. Im basing this on how the NFL stadiums and their drunk fans act its a crap show for sure.
Have you ever seen the amount of empty shooter and pint liquor bottles in a stall at Memorial Stadium on game day? My then 5 year old son walked out of a stall and had 2 in each hand and said “Hey Dad, someone left these here”

Last edited:

Have you ever seen the amount of empty shooter and pint liquor bottles in a stall at Memorial Stadium on game day? My then 5 year old son walked out of a stall and had 2 in each hand and said “Hey Dad, someone left these here”
Yep, the only thing selling beer does that's different than now is bringing money to the university instead people sneaking it in or getting loaded in the parking lot before and half time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back