• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 MLB

Braves got a win Saturday that can potentially be a spark for the season. Score 4 after giving up 3 in extras.

NL East is going to be a dog fight all season.

DeGrom hopefully isn't headed to IL.

Acuna looks like an MVP so far.

Hitters are having a hell of a time as the batting average across MLB is .234 as of May 10.

Hitters are having a hell of a time as the batting average across MLB is .234 as of May 10.
Time to move the mound back? Do something to reduce spin? That 0.234 is reality, but why do I feel that the Royals' BA against is 0.400...and a far higher OBP?? And that we're hitting 0.180?!? Nine-game losing streaks will do that.

White Sox looking good despite Jimenez and Robert being on the DL for what will be an extended time for both. Still way early in the season but they are playing some darn good baseball.

Had to share this video (being a Phillies fan) ....

Luke Williams became only the 6th player in the past 20 years to hit a game-winning, walk-off HR in his major league debut (and first-ever for a Phillie). He looks like a kid at Christmas rounding the bases! :Biggrin: His family also appear in the highlight -- can you even imagine how that must feel?

Also, I was at the Rangers-Giants game in Arlington this afternoon. :)

Last edited:
Braves got a win Saturday that can potentially be a spark for the season. Score 4 after giving up 3 in extras.

NL East is going to be a dog fight all season.

DeGrom hopefully isn't headed to IL.

Acuna looks like an MVP so far.

Not sure how you think the NL East is any good at all? MVP from a losing team?

As of 6/10/2021:
The division leading Mets have the lowest winning percentage of any division. The 2nd place Braves and 3rd place are 3.5 and 4.0 games behind ... the widest gap in all six divisions.

There are 5 teams in the NL with a better winning percentage than the Mets.
There are 7 teams with a better winning percentage than the Braves.

If the playoffs began today both wild cards would be from the NL West.
The NL Central currently has two teams - Cubs and Brewers within a 0.5 games of each other.

Last edited:
Time to move the mound back? Do something to reduce spin? That 0.234 is reality, but why do I feel that the Royals' BA against is 0.400...and a far higher OBP?? And that we're hitting 0.180?!? Nine-game losing streaks will do that.
It seems like foreign substances, positively affecting spin rates is becoming the subject de jour at the moment.

Also interesting that Pete Alonzo called out the MLB for deliberate doctoring of baseballs.

Dang, White Sox lose Madrigal for an extended time, perhaps the season. Gotta hope that will be the last player sidelined for a while, Jimenez and Robert still a couple of months from coming back.

It seems like foreign substances, positively affecting spin rates is becoming the subject de jour at the moment.

Also interesting that Pete Alonzo called out the MLB for deliberate doctoring of baseballs.
Also interesting that Alonso said that he is okay with pitchers using foreign substances that help them get a better grip on the ball. Basically that if a pitchers throws 99mph, he doesn't want the ball slipping, and he has a bit of a point.

Also interesting that Alonso said that he is okay with pitchers using foreign substances that help them get a better grip on the ball. Basically that if a pitchers throws 99mph, he doesn't want the ball slipping, and he has a bit of a point.
Yeah it goes from (1) helping the pitcher control the ball so it doesn’t end up on the side of the batters head … to … (2) increasing the spin rate which exacerbates ball movement.

Which do you think Gerrit Cole is more concerned about?

Last edited:
Yeah it goes from (1) helping the pitcher control the ball so it doesn’t end up on the side of the batters head … to … (2) increasing the spin rate which exacerbates ball movement.

Which do you think Gerrit Cole is more concerned about?
His response when asked about using foreign substances was quite humorous :Lol:

I don't like extra innings rule. I suppose speeding games.

Best solution IMO ..... when 2 strikes against batter, the first foul, gift (out of play). Second foul, out.

Similar to bunt play.

Interesting idea HOH, worth considering but I don't think those in charge of the rules would go for it.

Not sure how you think the NL East is any good at all? MVP from a losing team?

As of 6/10/2021:
The division leading Mets have the lowest winning percentage of any division. The 2nd place Braves and 3rd place are 3.5 and 4.0 games behind ... the widest gap in all six divisions.

There are 5 teams in the NL with a better winning percentage than the Mets.
There are 7 teams with a better winning percentage than the Braves.

If the playoffs began today both wild cards would be from the NL West.
The NL Central currently has two teams - Cubs and Brewers within a 0.5 games of each other.
I didn't say the NL East was good, just that it would be a dogfight. Although I think there are multiple teams in that division that can make the playoffs. The Mets have the pitching to win any series against anyone they could use some offensive help.

MVP's coming from a losing team aren't unheard of, I'd direct your attention to Mike Trout. Also looking like an MVP and winning it are different things, again I'd direct your attention to Mike Trout who has been the best player in baseball since 2012 but only has 3 MVP's.

Wander Franco made his debut last night and didn't disappoint. He is yet another very exciting young player that should be good for several years.

The illegal substance check is already showing flaws in it's execution. Scherzer got pretty upset after his 3rd check against the Phillies and I believe a pitcher from the A's almost took his pants off to show that he didn't have any sticky substances.

The Braves are looking to take 3 of 4 against the division leading Mets.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back