• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Samori Toure in 6 Plays

I hope this thread is not going become yet the 100th+ thread of the same old greatest hits why everything sucks. Most folks are beyond tired of that. I know I get PMs complaining about it

It's nice to have an odd thread with just a drop of positivity in this case Toure right?

To be fair, you did ask why. :thumbsup:

C

I hope he is great, but as we’ve seen, for a while now, talk and hype is cheap. Let’s see it. Show it to us all, on the field.

Last edited:
Red Reign…

Here are a couple team rankings the last 3 years….

Total Offense Yards Per Game
2018…26th
2019…55th
2020…tied for 66th

Points Per Game
2018…58th
2019…72nd
2020…102nd

I see a “statistical trend developing” and there are areas that need improvement to turn it around. I didn’t say everything sucks but my head isn’t buried in the sand either. I am talking about me not anyone else.

I am positive that Toure will have a very good to potentially a great season, if Nebraska improves along the offensive line, improved play from the quarterback, and improvement from the playcallers. This would help allow his talents to shine.

I am not derailing this thread…I want Toure to have great success at Nebraska but this is a team sport and he needs help to put up the numbers you/we hope to see in 2021.
that is fine but THIS is not the thread for that discussion. That is RRs point. There are 100 threads with that discussion pick one.

Ah so your hedging your bets so your so you will be tight either way. I like that kind of optimism ;)

Oh and. Record setters Morgan and Speilman say "hi" for their buddy Adrian who got them the ball alot

Like I daid the passing offense will revolve around Toure with Manning and Martin. I think all three will have big seasons behind a young but very athletic line.
Plus Befts, Brown, Falck, Nixon, etc

that is fine but THIS is not the thread for that discussion. That is RRs point. There are 100 threads with that discussion pick one.

I can see that point of view. I felt it was important to look at the other factors that will play a vital role for him to actually utilize his skill set. Hoping he has a great 2021.

I hope this thread is not going become yet the 100th+ thread of the same old greatest hits why everything sucks. Most folks are beyond tired of that. I know I get PMs complaining about it

It's nice to have an odd thread with just a drop of positivity in this case Toure right?

I’m stoked to see the kid play for Nebraska.

Like you, I think he’ll be a great tool in the tool box.

I’m really interested to see how he plays against Div I quality corners. Not to downplay his skills but a lot of the guys he’s torching while at Montana State look really bad quality.

One thing I noticed, and it gets mentioned in the video, is that he looks good at adjusting to poorly thrown balls and let’s face it we have plenty of those. So hopefully he has a big year for us.

I’m really interested to see how he plays against Div I quality corners. Not to downplay his skills but a lot of the guys he’s torching while at Montana State look really bad quality.

One thing I noticed, and it gets mentioned in the video, is that he looks good at adjusting to poorly thrown balls and let’s face it we have plenty of those. So hopefully he has a big year for us.
I wonder if the quality of FCS corners were better when Randy set his old playoff record?
The one Toure beat

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back