• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who would you like our next coach to be?

Wonder Monds Fan

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
Assuming TO gives MA the boot (a big assumption, but for the sake of this thread just go along with it) who would you like to see replace him? Are there any up and coming coaches out there that that would like to come and run our program? Sure we're headed to the frozen tundra that is Big Ten baseball, but with our facilities and fan support I'd like to think we could get someone good. The fact that we're willing to pay $330,000 a year for 3 consecutive finishes in the conference cellar can't hurt either. So who do you guys want?

Assuming TO gives MA the boot (a big assumption, but for the sake of this thread just go along with it) who would you like to see replace him? Are there any up and coming coaches out there that that would like to come and run our program? Sure we're headed to the frozen tundra that is Big Ten baseball, but with our facilities and fan support I'd like to think we could get someone good. The fact that we're willing to pay $330,000 a year for 3 consecutive finishes in the conference cellar can't hurt either. So who do you guys want?

NU should not be paying that kind of money as it moves on to the big 10. Big 10 baseball is about as bad a league as there is. Some of it may be geography and some of it is that wierd, self-imposed scholarship rule they have. Point being NU will likely never be nationally relevant in baseball again. It has no chance of being a revenue sport...even revenue neutral...so shelling out that kind of money on a coach is completely pointless.

MA should be fired...and a replacement in the 100K range should be the guy. There's no point in pouring money into a hopeless sport.

Erstad? No thanks.

One year of volunteer coaching on his resume? Not only that, it isn't like he was a volunteer coach under a master, he's a volunteer coach under the worst coach in the Big 12.

I think it was Shatel who said it best, maybe yesterday that we need to find the next Van Horn. The up and coming coach who is looking to make a name for himself and can use NE as a springboard to a better job with a run of success. I would not mind that at all. I think that is really the only choice we have.

But TO firing Anderson this year is about as likely as Sophie Turner asking for my phone number...

I think it was Shatel who said it best, maybe yesterday that we need to find the next Van Horn. The up and coming coach who is looking to make a name for himself and can use NE as a springboard to a better job with a run of success. I would not mind that at all. I think that is really the only choice we have.

Shatel is really going out on a limb with that one. That is kind of like me saying, "All I need to do is figure out all of the correct Lotto numbers, and I will be filthy rich."

Shatel is really going out on a limb with that one. That is kind of like me saying, "All I need to do is figure out all of the correct Lotto numbers, and I will be filthy rich."

The difference being that he would actually try to find that guy and others would just say "gosh...how do you find him and what if you are wrong?!"

If we want to matter again, then IMO we need to shell out the $$$ to hire AAA type coaches, Coaches with experince that can show recruit that they can get them drafted higher and into the majors sooner, If that is too costly or impossible then get the best up and comer you can and hoope for the best,,,or since it is so expensive drop BSB and start up mens Bowling :lol:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back