• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pluses and minuses of the Spring Game

Actually, you said a "bunch of walkons" due to optics, because apparently that's all they care about in North stadium is optics. It could also be an evaluation to see how the 2nd string guys on defense do against the 1st string offense, and whether any of those guys can make a move on the depth chart.
Trust me, optics is extremely important to North Stadium. Believe what you may.

Trust me, optics is extremely important to North Stadium. Believe what you may.

And again, that is not exclusive to Lincoln, NE. We learned literally nothing, negative or positive, from this or any spring game. That's the part I just can't wrap my head around, that there was anything negative about it (minus the dumb format in the first half). And honestly, if SF was that concerned about optics surrounding his offense, he wouldn't have play 2 hand touch in the first half when his top unit was on the field. There were lots of plays that go for big gains if not for the touch rule.

And again, that is not exclusive to Lincoln, NE. We learned literally nothing, negative or positive, from this or any spring game. That's the part I just can't wrap my head around, that there was anything negative about it
You're literally making my point. I laugh at all these assessments about our starters when they were playing against walkons. People claiming all this improvement based on what they saw on Saturday? That's what I can't wrap my head around. The only thing I was negative about was the format, which showed us nothing, nor did it provide any entertainment value. It would have been nice to see the 1s play against the 1s to see who is stepping up their play.

Last edited:
You're literally making my point. I laugh at all these assessments about our starters when they were playing against walkons. People claiming all this improvement based on what they saw on Saturday? That's what I can't wrap my head around. The only thing I was negative about was the format, which showed us nothing, nor did it provide any entertainment value. It would have been nice to see the 1s play against the 1s to see who is stepping up their play.

No, your entire take on the game, including your perceived reasons why, are completely negative.

Ok. But I will continue to post what I think, even if it is deemed "negative" by some. It's good to have more than one point of view as long as people aren't raging d**** towards one another.

Last edited:
No need to apologize. I just tend to be a more optimistic person, apparently. And I most certainly won't be negative about a spring game.
Ok. But I will continue to post what I think, even if it is deemed "negative" by some. It's good to have more than one point of view as long as people aren't raging d**** towards one another.

As long as the postings are civil there is no issue

On the other hand if you three or four pages and derail a thread I am going to ask you to go to PMs

Trust me if you raging anything towards each other I will shut you down

RR

I would never tell anyone they can't post what they want. And if I'm acting that way towards someone who isn't acting like that towards me, by all means call me out on it.

The sideline, out in the flat pass was a dud. Nixon was the only one I saw that juked his way for yardage. That pass has the potential for disaster in the way of an interception for a TD!
I may be incorrect, but i think the pass to Nance was a bit of a bubble look, and he juked a couple players.

Almost any pass if not executed has the potential for an interception and TD....thus the old concept of 3 things can happen and 2 are bad when passing. However, it is 2021 and football is about passing and playing in space.

I may be incorrect, but i think the pass to Nance was a bit of a bubble look, and he juked a couple players.

Almost any pass if not executed has the potential for an interception and TD....thus the old concept of 3 things can happen and 2 are bad when passing. However, it is 2021 and football is about passing and playing in space.

The problem with that old truism is that in fact there are four things that can happen; 2 of them bad and 2 of them good. You can have a completion or a pass interference call, which are good (for the offense); or you could have an incompletion or an interception, which are bad. The rules have changed so much we now see pass interference calls almost as much as you see receptions or incompletions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back