• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Moos, 8 or 9 wins?

I don't think 8 or 9 wins is a realistic expectation. OU, Mich, and OSU are most certainly losses. It is realistic to expect no more than one loss in all the other games? I see 4 games (NW, Minn, Wisc, and IA) that are 50/50 at best and if the recent trend continues, at least one loss among teams we're exected to beat.

7 wins, tops.
I agree, until it changes, it hasnt changed.
But the right players are here, the right mindset is here, theres more talent here now.
Its going to take all that and learning how to win to break out of where theyve been.

I agree, until it changes, it hasnt changed.
But the right players are here, the right mindset is here, theres more talent here now.
Its going to take all that and learning how to win to break out of where theyve been.
Without being under the influence of Kool Aid, my gut says if we play like our first half w/OSU and gear up properly for the 2nd half and keep it clean with penalties, turnovers, etc.... I think we can beat OU.

Without being under the influence of Kool Aid, my gut says if we play like our first half w/OSU and gear up properly for the 2nd half and keep it clean with penalties, turnovers, etc.... I think we can beat OU.
We need to play clean,and get turnovers.
And have big plays, not just a few, several.

I don't think 8 or 9 wins is a realistic expectation. OU, Mich, and OSU are most certainly losses. It is realistic to expect no more than one loss in all the other games? I see 4 games (NW, Minn, Wisc, and IA) that are 50/50 at best and if the recent trend continues, at least one loss among teams we're exected to beat.

7 wins, tops.

You make perfectly valid points for the most part, but tell me what about Michigan's 2-4 record last year makes that game a sure loss? Or, is it the fact that Harbaugh has hired 2 new coordinators that makes it a sure loss. NW is losing its veteran DC to retirement. The DC that put together that magnificent defense. Everyone has things to replace.

I get the skepticism. I get the I want to see it first. This team just needs to catch a few early breaks and get a little momentum and confidence and the certainly can win 8-9 games.

You make perfectly valid points for the most part, but tell me what about Michigan's 2-4 record last year makes that game a sure loss? Or, is it the fact that Harbaugh has hired 2 new coordinators that makes it a sure loss. NW is losing its veteran DC to retirement. The DC that put together that magnificent defense. Everyone has things to replace.

I get the skepticism. I get the I want to see it first. This team just needs to catch a few early breaks and get a little momentum and confidence and the certainly can win 8-9 games.
7 is very winnable, the other 5, wiscy, OU, iowa, osu and meatchicken we have to break out of our former ways, and amongst those 5, iowa, weve been very close.

Apparently Moose can’t be be muzzled & in my opinion if he’s going to say something, I expect him to be bold. We need to go bowling.....& I’d like to at least scare OU...& cover.

Isn’t Maryland the only team we haven’t lost to in the BIG? No, we aren’t going to scare OU and cover.

Isn’t Maryland the only team we haven’t lost to in the BIG? No, we aren’t going to scare OU and cover.
I get it....but we’re going to get a ton of points & I live down here surrounded by Sooners....we need to at least cover. For everything holy & good. Otherwise we get crushed.

2-4 was an outlier. Harbaugh was 47-18 (.723) in previous years.

Personally, I don't think we can rely on "a few early breaks" to build up steam. Real confidence is borne out of manhandling your opponent, not getting our butts handed to us on a platter, which IMO, OU is likely to do.

I don't get the optimism. Moos cites improved depth, better experience, etc. etc. etc. as reasons for 8-9 wins. I don't consider experience gained from 4 consecutive losing season as very valuable.

I'd be thrilled with 8-9 wins. I'll feel fortunate if we get to a bowl game this year.

I am not optimistic this team can gel enough to go bowling with 6 wins. The team has lots of holes to fill with little to no game-time experience. The team has potential but we lack a solid bell cow at running back and that is what's needed in B1G.

I am not optimistic this team can gel enough to go bowling with 6 wins. The team has lots of holes to fill with little to no game-time experience. The team has potential but we lack a solid bell cow at running back and that is what's needed in B1G.
We have been so undisciplined for so long. We don’t need to gel as much as we need sound, fundamental football. Losing is less maddening when we are mostly doing the right things. The keystone cop routine needs to end. I think we will get throttled by OU but we cant let that derail the rest of the season. Plenty of other games to win.

Probably will need to score 35+, just to be in the game.

This team just needs to catch a few early breaks and get a little momentum and confidence and the certainly can win 8-9 games.
I think this is key. Catching a few breaks (which have been allusive), and gain some much needed confidence. This is really a big deal that’s been very hard to come by for years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back