• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who impressed you the most today?

Where did the Sanford kid come from as well. Dude has some hops.
Phalen Sanford from Benkelman, Nebraska? He actually got a mention last year from Fisher I think about guys who were putting in the work for the future.

If I was going to put out a second "who impressed you" it's Otte. He played with the first team defense in place of JoJo and looked like he belonged there.

Last edited:

Agree. If he plays and gets double teamed that will leave a better chance for our DEs to pressure the QB or get a sack!

I watched and later rewatched the game at normal speed, but I made a point of looking for Hutmacher whenever he was in the game. Unless I missed some, I don't believe that he ever got pushed back, even when double-teamed. That's the #1 requirement for a NT in Chinander's defense, and he seems to already be at that point. I don't believe that anybody is going to be able to block him, 1-on-1, and move him backwards.

I watched and later rewatched the game at normal speed, but I made a point of looking for Hutmacher whenever he was in the game. Unless I missed some, I don't believe that he ever got pushed back, even when double-teamed. That's the #1 requirement for a NT in Chinander's defense, and he seems to already be at that point. I don't believe that anybody is going to be able to block him, 1-on-1, and move him backwards.
I believe I saw him against Corcoran, and he was bull rushing, and getting chunks every contact, and got close to AM.

If he can do that to Corcoran, many wont handle him

Not well. Something is wrong. Been hunting the same ground for 30 years and the birds which are normally plentiful are just not there. Not seeing or hearing them and no answers to calling. No droppings or scratching in the woods.

I bet my new dog ate them all.

I believe I saw him against Corcoran, and he was bull rushing, and getting chunks every contact, and got close to AM.

If he can do that to Corcoran, many wont handle him

I think that that was #82, and Hutmacher was #72. I don't remember Hutmacher lining up anywhere outside of either Guard.

I was impressed with White pounded the rock and keeping it close to pull it out in the end. That's Heart against a stacked red side of the squad.

I was impressed with White pounded the rock and keeping it close to pull it out in the end. That's Heart against a stacked red side of the squad.
Nah, generally the red is 1st and 4th and the white is 2nd and 3rd, so it was whites 2's and 3's against the red 4's at the end.

Last edited:
Not well. Something is wrong. Been hunting the same ground for 30 years and the birds which are normally plentiful are just not there. Not seeing or hearing them and no answers to calling. No droppings or scratching in the woods.
The great Midwest decline, try coon control and other nest snatchers. That's worked well for me.

Do you mind sharing what area where you were hunting? I hunt turkeys just across the border from Nebraska in SD, and it's record numbers all over.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back