• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers will play Fordham on 4 September

Thanks! When I created the thread, I was like, "Fordham? Who the heck is that?" (but obviously I didn't include the "who the heck is that" part). But I see they are a FCS school out of NY. Again, a ton of positives about this schedule change, IMO!!

Yup highly thought of school in NY education wise

Makes tons of sense to me

I like this schedule a lot. Early game added for recruiting purposes. Having to play 8 straight is a negative but playing the last 4 over a 6 week span more than makes up for it. Win-win.

The "Seven Blocks of Granite" Played together 1935 and 1936
Offensive Line Coach: Frank Leahy (Later of Notre Dame)

The line they put together consisted of, from left to right end, Leo Paquin, Ed Franco, Nat Pierce, Alex Wojciechowicz, Vince Lombardi, Al Babartsky and Johnny Druze.

At least not a directional FCS school, there is that! Still looking for a home and home or a 2 for 1 with Middle Tennessee State though......

Too bad they couldn't get SE LA to move, but I guess it is what it is... not thrilled by dipping down pretty far into the competition ranks, but happy they got their early Sept. game that they wanted.

Sounds like you were there…

The line they put together consisted of, from left to right end, Leo Paquin, Ed Franco, Nat Pierce, Alex Wojciechowicz, Vince Lombardi, Al Babartsky and Johnny Druze.

In 1929 they were a hell of a team.

Wasn't Fordham Vince Lombardi's school? So there's that!!!

They were definitely a power back in the late 20's and 30's. Let's hope those guys don't have any eligibility left.

Positives ( a bunch): An early home game for recruiting......gives us 3 full games before Oklahoma....gives us a BYE week after OSU and before Wisky....should be a guaranteed win.

Negatives: IMO, only 1....Fordham isn't exactly Alabama...nor SE Louisiana for that matter.....but at least it gives our guys someone to hit earlier in the season than a November SELA (IMO, earlier is better) and, even more importantly, gives us what should be a relatively easy game to work some kinks out, work as a unit, work on running/passing game, schemes, etc, etc.

Nailed it....... just getting some extensive snaps for 2nd and 3rd team guys early in the season is invaluable. Hopefully stringing 3 wins together will send us to OK with some confidence, rather than desperation.

We do have a chance against OK, they have not had a good defense in the last few years, at all, there are always 3-4 games for sure every year for them, that they win 41-35, or 42-39, against teams you would think they would blast outa the stadium. Lets just hope we have a zero turnover game.... if so, we can make it very close.

Last edited:
Fordham? I had no idea they still played football. Amazing.

But sorry 84, Columbia might contest your classification of Fordham as "Yale of NYC."

Fordham? I had no idea they still played football. Amazing.

But sorry 84, Columbia might contest your classification of Fordham as "Yale of NYC."
I know people who went to both. You are probably right. Columbia doesn’t play football though do they?

Nailed it....... just getting some extensive snaps for 2nd and 3rd team guys early in the season is invaluable. Hopefully stringing 3 wins together will send us to OK with some confidence, rather than desperation.

We do have a chance against OK, they have not had a good defense in the last few years, at all, there are always 3-4 games for sure every year for them, that they win 41-35, or 42-39, against teams you would think they would blast outa the stadium. Lets just hope we have a zero turnover game.... if so, we can make it very close.

Unfortunately, we haven’t had a very good offense the last few years either.

Hopefully, this is a breakout year for us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back