• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Rutgers - Game #3 - 5-2-21 @12 pm Cntrl - Hawks Field

Sunday, May 2 (Noon)
Pitching: RHP Shay Schanaman (4-0) vs. RHP Brent Teller (2-2)
TV/Streaming: BTN+
Radio: Husker Sports Network

Hopefully, we can salvage a win!
I think if we lose all 3, you can
forget ever being ranked again for a long time.

See you before Noon central :Wave:

Well, we're definitely out of the top 25 regardless of what happens Sunday.

Now, we need to make certain we finish the season strong enough to maintain an NCAA Tournament bid. It's become a bit precarious. RPI is 74. ELO is 66. For that matter, the entire Big Ten is hurting itself with what were considered the better teams struggling recently. The Big Ten is ranked as the 13th best conference currently based on RPI, 8th best in ELO.

Have anyone looked at the RPI recently?

It's confusing and makes no common sense to me in so many cases.

last time I looked they had a school that I had never heard of that is almost D2….who has only played the likes of Siena and Canisius and all “Northern Schools” and ZERO power Five….as the Number 1 RPI in the country!

Huh?

I’m just not sure how much RPI is even considered when it comes to NCAA tournament time. At least in baseball. Maybe for some of the smaller schools on the bubble. But I think it’s almost certain that at least four Big 10 teams will be in the tournament….maybe more. And it will have nothing to do with the RPI. It’ll simply be because the are power five and Big Ten….. and that’s what the Conference can offer.

I have been one of those screaming about how this conference schedule really hurts our RPI. But then when I actually looked at the RPI. It dawned on me let maybe it just doesn’t matter. Be a top four team in the Big Ten and you’re going to get in and that’s pretty much reality.

I could be wrong on this….and I’m wrong on so much…but this one just jumped out at me when I looked at the actual RPI index.

regardless, the Huskers need a win today to salvage what they can out of this disaster.

The way we have blown those leads…..and just not executed!…It’s discouraging.

Buuuut….from the glass half full side. Which I am a proud member of.…This is BASEBALL and streaks and slumps are normal and part of the game.

It’s damn fun when your hot…and “not so much” when you’re not!

But for crying out loud the mental errors have just got to stop from the pitching staff. I don’t mind skill errors, especially in college baseball. Those are going to happen regardless. But when a major league caliber pitcher offers up something to hit on an 0-2 count with a runner in scoring position…..last inning in a tie game…..

That kind of crap just HAS to stop if this team wants to be really taken really seriously. Otherwise, we will wind up with the perverbial ”good” season and hopefully barely make the Tournament.

Better days ahead I hope!

GBR!

But when a major league caliber pitcher offers up something to hit on an 0-2 count with a runner in scoring position…..last inning in a tie game…..

He threw the ball where it was called, as have others this weekend. Time to move on folks. Or, change the focus of blame...

I’m heading to the ballpark in a few minutes, hoping to channel some good Husker karma. We’ve been playing bad baseball for a couple of weeks. Physical and mental errors across the board—in all facets. Starting pitching has been the least of the issues. Bullpen obviously has struggled the last few games after a stellar run. Defense has deteriorated significantly, and the bats look lost. Few reliable contact hitters. Struggling to move runners. Hope for improvement today. Won’t have Schelly on the bump, so some new relievers are gonna have to come through. If Shay has a good game, Buntz is available to close.

I’m heading to the ballpark in a few minutes, hoping to channel some good Husker karma. We’ve been playing bad baseball for a couple of weeks. Physical and mental errors across the board—in all facets. Starting pitching has been the least of the issues. Bullpen obviously has struggled the last few games after a stellar run. Defense has deteriorated significantly, and the bats look lost. Few reliable contact hitters. Struggling to move runners. Hope for improvement today. Won’t have Schelly on the bump, so some new relievers are gonna have to come through. If Shay has a good game, Buntz is available to close.
Will think of ya around 7th inning. :p

From what I am hearing, tell the crowd to be more loud. Is it true, many are just sitting on a log?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back