• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Spring Game Official Thread

O-line: I give them a pass. It’s a spring game.

RB’s: Agree. Lots of good RB play, which does require some good blocking by linemen.

Haarberg: definitely won the eye test in my mind over Smothers today. But I’ve not seen any practice other than this spring game.

Agree

I did think that Smothers looked pretty good on the TD drive. Not sure Haarberg really did much to tell me he won any eye test. A couple of nice throws at the end though.

Not sure I am comfortable with anyone other than Martinez at QB in the fall.

Two very young kids both of whom with their first Spring Camp. I saw flashed from both of them. I think one will make a move between now and September and be the backup

I know there is a lot of clamor to get a portal transfer but we both know at the position unless it's top caliber QB it will be a crap shoot. Top guy is not coming in to be a backup

I did think that Smothers looked pretty good on the TD drive. Not sure Haarberg really did much to tell me he won any eye test. A couple of nice throws at the end though.

Not sure I am comfortable with anyone other than Martinez at QB in the fall.

The good thing is it’s only May. Lots of space between now and game day this fall. We just have to hope they continue to get better, day by day. And remember, a lot of our past losses are close games. We don’t need to be Alabama to show an improvement in win-loss this fall.

The good thing is it’s only May. Lots of space between now and game day this fall. We just have to hope they continue to get better, day by day. And remember, a lot of our past losses are close games. We don’t need to be Alabama to show an improvement in win-loss this fall.

Exactly which was my point in the post above

Making any season prediction based on a Spring scrimmage is completely, totally ridiculous imo. Coaches are looking at many different aspects that most fans (myself included) have no clue about. Just was a lot of fun watching and also seeing our fans back in the stands.
Keep that same energy when the Big Red Kool-aid Brigade starts bashing people who aren't as optimistic.

Look the coaches have seen these kids for a month and fans for two hours and yup lot of time between now and September

Keep that same energy when the Big Red Kool-aid Brigade starts bashing people who aren't as optimistic.

That goes both ways my good friend as you already know. Just go look at the game threads where some folk melt down in the first series.

The Darth Vader Parade vs the Big Red Kool Aid Parade it's not a good thing

I hate tit for tat for what's it worth but it needs to be pointed out here when both sides feel put upon and play the grievance card

Everyone has a right to an opinion and it will all come out in the wash in the end anyway

Last edited:

One of the few negatives I got out of today's "game" was that every QB, EXCEPT AM, can not complete a pass if pushed outside the pocket. Haarberg throws into the ground and Smothers throws out of bounds. Yes, there were maybe a few passes that may have been completed by the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th string QB's scrambling but they were very few and in between. I will say, though, QB speed by all QB's is impressive and all of them (especially Smothers, IMO) would of had a ton of yards if not for the "I reached out and got a finger on your shirt as you ran away from me tackle" thing.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back