• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Offense

Wasn't sure where to put this. I love this kind of stuff...

Chiefs' Andy Reid to skip NFL combine after knee replacement surgery -  CBSSports.com

C

I am actually optimistic (with modest expectations) for the potential of this offense. Production will come mostly from people that weren't here or were limited last year - but we have lots of guys that can get it done. Hoping that this is the year where we see positive momentum on what this offense is capable of accomplishing.

Despite the inexperience it is the most talented as well as amount of depth especially at Guard, TE's, RB's and WR's. What also makes me optimistic is Frost's willingness to make some adaptations if what we see comes to fruition as far as more of a power run game.

Do have one question and don't need to start a new thread.........who is in line to be back up at Center?

Speaking of Center, Way too many errant snaps, and not just from one center.

Seems like getting the running game going will be key. That will take the pressure off Martinez and help us a bunch if/when he gets hurt.
The running game with production from the backs not AM.

I don’t think I need to make that qualification, but thought I’d add it anyway.

Last edited:
The running game with production from the backs not AM.

I don’t think I need to make that qualification, but thought I’d add it anyway.
I think what we saw with all the qb runs were more for everybody else except the qbs for eval.
Those green jerseys makes calling them all day pretty safe, and likely not what we'll see in game time situations.

It's not often you lose your top WR (Wan'Dale) and look better/deeper the next year.

We don't have any Jerry Rice-level WRs out there, but that's okay for a Frost offense. With our youth, I'm predicting we'll see a lot of WR-by-Committee sort of thing where we have 3-5 guys each reeling in maybe 30 yards a game.

I like the look of the receivers a lot more than HCSF first three years. No more small receivers.

Hopefully they aren't looking great standing on the sidelines while the smaller walk-ons are out there using their 4.9 speed and dropping passes because all the athletes can't learn the playbook or block enough in practice

I am concerned that the future might be young guys and all the experience will come from the portal. Seems to be getting rare for players to stay for their entire career unless they were early starters. Will be interesting to watch and see how coaching staffs adjust.

Seems like getting the running game going will be key. That will take the pressure off Martinez and help us a bunch if/when he gets hurt.
We have had no playmakers on O for a long time. All the pressure on an often injured QB, trying to make things happen. I am as baffled as anyone as to our completely bare RB output over the years. I know we need a line to block for them but I would think SF of all people knows the importance of a running game at NU.

We have had no playmakers on O for a long time. All the pressure on an often injured QB, trying to make things happen. I am as baffled as anyone as to our completely bare RB output over the years. I know we need a line to block for them but I would think SF of all people knows the importance of a running game at NU.
We haven't had that stud running back since Ameer and I'm shocked that Frost hasn't found one. A feared running game would take a ton of pressure off Martinez.

I am actually optimistic (with modest expectations) for the potential of this offense. Production will come mostly from people that weren't here or were limited last year - but we have lots of guys that can get it done. Hoping that this is the year where we see positive momentum on what this offense is capable of accomplishing.
I remember many on this forum complaining that Ameer was not a very good back, and if he was the best we had, we would be in big trouble. Lol does anyone else remember that? Pretty funny

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back