• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Damion Daniels...

If you watch last year's games and compare them to 2019, you see the huge improvement he made in his conditioning. It's still not where it needs to be but it absolutely got better. I don't think he could have taken a knee for 44 snaps in a game in 2019, let alone play 44 snaps.
Then you and I basically agree. My only point was, conditioning was still an issue last year. If folks don't believe me or @gazelle, just ask Damion himself. He basically said he'd get gassed after a couple of plays. The eye in the sky never lies. It was very evident and not "opinion" as some claimed.

With that said, the sky is the limit for the kid if he's improved his conditioning. There were points where he looked absolutely dominant - in stints. Need him on the field more as he is the anchor of that defense.

Last edited:
Then you and I basically agree. My only point was, conditioning was still an issue last year. If folks don't believe me or @gazelle, just ask Damion himself. He basically said he'd get gassed after a couple of plays. The eye in the sky never lies. It was very evident and not "opinion" as some claimed.

With that said, the sky is the limit for the kid if he's improved his conditioning. There were points where he looked absolutely dominant - in stints. Need him on the field more as he is the anchor of that defense.

Maybe I took what gazelle was saying the wrong way, but I felt the criticism was harsh considering the improvements that were made.
Hopefully with Jordan Riley healthy, there will be a good rotation going so everyone stays fresh.

Maybe I took what gazelle was saying the wrong way, but I felt the criticism was harsh considering the improvements that were made.
Hopefully with Jordan Riley healthy, there will be a good rotation going so everyone stays fresh.

As I stated multiple times, I think Daniels is a very good player. In fact, he can be potentially an all-conference type player. When he goes all out he absolutely dominates the guy across the trench from him. If he can get to the point where he can consistently play 50-60% of the snaps and go full out on each snap, he could be in the running for 1st team all conference by the end of the year.

As I stated multiple times, I think Daniels is a very good player. In fact, he can be potentially an all-conference type player. When he goes all out he absolutely dominates the guy across the trench from him. If he can get to the point where he can consistently play 50-60% of the snaps and go full out on each snap, he could be in the running for 1st team all conference by the end of the year.

If he plays like he did against Iowa, the honors will come.

Not all posts are agenda driven nor does a reason aleays equate to an agenda.
I guess I'm confused then as to what posts qualify as agenda driven. The original op was in regards to a player that has pretty much been documented and publicly discussed on here with some of our most knowledgably posters as being a problem. One post even referenced it with statistics and a breakdown of his playing time in a couple of games. Not sure I mind talking about another position that is seeking improvement instead of more threads and posts on whether AM can ever complete a downfield pass with out being a turnover machine.

I think our best starting linemen against a run-heavy team like Wisconsin, Iowa or Minnesota would be Daniels, Robinson, and Stille. I think those three would be very stout against the run. In order for that to happen Daniels needs to play in more than 25-30% of the snaps, and he needs to be able to go full-out for each snap. If Daniels can get there and those three guys stay healthy I like our chances to have a good defense this year.
And....you don't think that just maybe that is why he lost 25 lbs in the off season? You are not only preaching to the choir you are yelling at the choir for not singing enough.

And....you don't think that just maybe that is why he lost 25 lbs in the off season? You are not only preaching to the choir you are yelling at the choir for not singing enough.

We see all kinds of reports every spring about how much bigger, leaner, faster, stronger the team looks. I will believe it when I actually see it on the field and it translates into better performance. However, in the case of Daniels I am more likely to believe the reports because this is his last year, so I would guess he is pretty motivated to have a great final season and perhaps impress some pro scouts.

The kid has learned a lot since being here. He was young and now has matured. He has learned how to get his body right to play longer and harder. These coaches are still teachers and together they have progressed. Not everyone that comes here has hit their peak and I still don't think he has either but man, has he gotten better. That's what it is all about, getting better. Good for him.

The kid has learned a lot since being here. He was young and now has matured. He has learned how to get his body right to play longer and harder. These coaches are still teachers and together they have progressed. Not everyone that comes here has hit their peak and I still don't think he has either but man, has he gotten better. That's what it is all about, getting better. Good for him.
I know its not popular to some folks, but the word youve described is development

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back