• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Reality for this season

We have strong leadership coming back? Isn't that a big unknown at the moment? We had division amongst the team at the end of the season, so not sure we have definitive proof of that claim whatsoever. Scott still has not implemented his unity council going into YEAR 4 because he said the team wasn't ready for that (translation: we don't have the right leadership at the moment).
First, eliminate the defensive side. Now, the O line has some leadership.
Toure has shown leadership at WR, AA at TE and AM.
The coaches are calling on a RB to step up there too.

Now, the returning guys are a year older, though still young, but more ingrained into the system.

The younger guys have more upside than older guys usually, especially when you transition into body types and pure talent.

I think this is what the players and coaches are seeing, and again, talent wise, its mostly upgrades, so for a younger team like us, a definite advantage.

If you assume an older team doesnt have far better talent coming in, then no, give the young guys another year, and an older team would then have an advantage.
But we are already seeing some older guys leaving and or getting passed up by the younger guys.
Advantage us

Last edited:

First, eliminate the defensive side. Now, the O line has some leadership.
Toure has shown leadership at WR, AA at TE and AM.
The coaches are calling on a RB to step up there too.

Now, the returning guys are a year older, though still young, but more ingrained into the system.

The younger guys have more upside than older guys usually, especially when you transition into body types and pure talent.

I think this is what the players and coaches are seeing, and again, talent wise, its mostly upgrades, so for a younger team like us, a definite advantage.

If you assume an older team doesnt have far better talent coming in, then no, give the young guys another year, and an older team would then have an advantage.
But we are already seeing some older guys leaving and or getting passed up by the younger guys.
Advantage us
How are you quantifying this improved leadership? Honest question.

How are you quantifying this improved leadership? Honest question.
Read what was said by players about Darion Daniels, as in Toure.
Now,listen to what AA i saying, and coaches as well.
Listen to all the players about getting on other guys, and also coaching them up more on the field, off the field and texting.
That leaves AM, nuff said

There's a harsh truth to face. No way I'm going to make it on the outside.
All I do anymore is think of ways to break my parole.

Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.
@Ellis Boyd Redding quote for the win

Man. If you guys are griping this much in APRIL -- why don't you give it up and find a worthwhile hobby?
Who's griping? It's called discussion. Last I knew, this was a discussion board. Nothing vitriolic. We're discussing the merits of Northwoods claims. Nothing more nothing less. Would you like to contribute or complain (or gripe) about our discussion?

Reality to me says, if the team can stay on the positive side of turnovers, keep penalties to a minimum, and get out of it’s own way, it should be a solid season. These are the things that hold them back. Of course, HUGE if’s.

Better decisions from the coach on the sidelines during games......... which may fall under your "get out of its own way" category.

Who's griping? It's called discussion. Last I knew, this was a discussion board. Nothing vitriolic. We're discussing the merits of Northwoods claims. Nothing more nothing less. Would you like to contribute or complain (or gripe) about our discussion?
We have strong leadership coming back? Isn't that a big unknown at the moment? We had division amongst the team at the end of the season, so not sure we have definitive proof of that claim whatsoever. Scott still has not implemented his unity council going into YEAR 4 because he said the team wasn't ready for that (translation: we don't have the right leadership at the moment).
Sounds like griping

We have several things potentially unseen, and many are very skeptical, and have a few reasons to be.
All the talent weve lost is much smaller than the talent we have. It is young, hasnt had the practices they normally would have had, have an extra year.
Now, one of the things people doubt is development, along with losing talent, and wandering where that talent is, in a combined sort of look at the team and the coaches.
Some of those young guys have experience, many have not, but,the ones weve seen, Benhart, Corcoran, Piper, Betts, Farmer, Newsome, Henrich, Payne etc are showing up, and thats just a few.
I too am at the show me stage, but I also like what I'm seeing, nd combine this with the transfers weve had and coming in, and ones weve seen play, theres enough mix to bring in the best of the young ones, and get the others some playing time, about whered you want to be, with mainly experience lacking, but by the end of the year, that better talent will show better than an older team with less talent IMO.

Its early yet, and we wont know for certain, but the list of names doesnt end with that list, its much larger than than, the NPGs, the Feists etc are coming along, we are deeper than weve been, and better as well.

Gaining weight, muscle and speed come early,most are there or close, things older players can fine tune, but dont always make a jump, because its simply not as great a change when youre an older player.

Sounds like griping
That's not griping. It's discussing the clear lack of leadership through the 3+ years under Frost ...through discussions with Northwood. Sorry. I'm an objective person and don't subscribe to the Tradition Coalition rose colored glasses view of this team. But I also like good back and forth devoid of vitriole and nastiness.

So stop your griping and contribute to the conversation. ;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back