• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What are your 5 best trios of Rock and Roll

NUinID

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
In no particular order for me

Cream-The original super group power trio
Rush- All three were just great musicians
The Police- Lots of egos making great music
Jimi Hendrix Experience- Not much to say, but you can't downplay Mitch and Noel's importance as the backbone of the group
Green Day- Still going basically created pop punk

What do you say.

I'd also throw in Double Trouble, but I dig that Texas Twang. SRV remains as one of the best of his genre, best of the bunch as far as I am concerned. Your mileage may vary.

I love all the classic power trios but those will get a lot of mentions, so I’ll go with:

Husker Du
Dinosaur Jr
Minutemen
New Order
Sleep

I don't get Dinosaur Jr. Mostly I don't get the band name. I think it is dumb. I didn't realize that New Order was a trio.

I don't get Dinosaur Jr. Mostly I don't get the band name. I think it is dumb. I didn't realize that New Order was a trio.
I might be making this up but I think they were Dinosaur, had to change their name because there was already a band in the area named Dinosaur, so the added the Jr. I like the way J Mascis plays. Reminds me a lot of Neil Young with Crazy Horse.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back