• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Different Vibe this Spring?

Then don't fish there for salmon during the salmon runs. You'll catch a lot of big fish on those rivers but its like pulling in tires. No fight at all.

The O line looks different,is bigger,has talent, and has depth where previous starters have either left the team, or have settled in for backup role, so the depth is there with little fall off.

AM is leaner, and more experienced.

It all starts up front
I really liked when I saw GA and the OL today. GA is a pretty honest guy. Did anyone else feel that he was actually throwing maybe a little shade towards the WR coach. When asked why his guys did not leave? He said something like if you know and respect your guys they will stick around. NOt sure that was his intent but not sure it wasn't either.

I also thought it was good to see OL giving each other a hard time during the interviews.

I really liked when I saw GA and the OL today. GA is a pretty honest guy. Did anyone else feel that he was actually throwing maybe a little shade towards the WR coach. When asked why his guys did not leave? He said something like if you know and respect your guys they will stick around. NOt sure that was his intent but not sure it wasn't either.

I also thought it was good to see OL giving each other a hard time during the interviews.
Maybe,but it could have been aimed at the prior wr coach as well.
And he may have just said a truth, his belief that doing what he said is the right approach, which I agree.
You look at a guy like Sichterman whom I liked coming in, and his perseverance, and knowing what we all know,an old O line usually makes for the most consistent and cohesive O line, where not just cause theyre the old guy, but theyve leaned and grown and matured to the point the young wunderkind just cant unseat them and their experience and consistency.

IMO, GA was speaking more towards this right order of doing things in an established program with an established O line than he was throwing shade.

So, an O line made up of mostly upperclassmen is the goal

And he may have just said a truth, his belief that doing what he said is the right approach, which I agree.
You look at a guy like Sichterman whom I liked coming in, and his perseverance, and knowing what we all know,an old O line usually makes for the most consistent and cohesive O line, where not just cause theyre the old guy, but theyve leaned and grown and matured to the point the young wunderkind just cant unseat them and their experience and consistency.

IMO, GA was speaking more towards this right order of doing things in an established program with an established O line than he was throwing shade.

I do agree. It just seemed odd considering how many non line Offensive players left the last few years

Is Sichterman a junior or senior this season?

Seems the same vibe and same things being said as the last 5+ springs. Could probably shuffle pressers and not know what year if not for the players being different at certain positions.

But based on the current vibe I see 10-2 coming for 2021.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back