• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

It’s slow progress, but it’s steady – and significant. Steph is doing more walking on her own (w/o support) around the house. She’s even taking steps on her own (1 or 2, into the house from the garage or patio). Becoming a little more independent every day. Today she drove to the bank by herself! (OK, now that I typed that, I’m thinking maybe I should have checked for scratches on the car…)

Seriously, she’s getting stronger every day. The big hindrance now is her lung capacity; she gets very winded very quickly. She’s trying to build up her muscular strength and endurance as much as possible now, to help with her upcoming pulmonary rehab (which starts at the end of April). She’s scheduled to get an antibody test on Friday; the results will help determine whether she should get the Covid vaccine (and which one, if any). Fortunately, her Covid long-hauler group has many people who have shared their experiences with the vaccines.

Now that the weather is warming up, Steph is able to spend some time outside – and she’s hoping the pool warms up, so she can do some workouts in the pool!

Again, we both appreciate all the prayers and support!

It’s slow progress, but it’s steady – and significant. Steph is doing more walking on her own (w/o support) around the house. She’s even taking steps on her own (1 or 2, into the house from the garage or patio). Becoming a little more independent every day. Today she drove to the bank by herself! (OK, now that I typed that, I’m thinking maybe I should have checked for scratches on the car…)

Seriously, she’s getting stronger every day. The big hindrance now is her lung capacity; she gets very winded very quickly. She’s trying to build up her muscular strength and endurance as much as possible now, to help with her upcoming pulmonary rehab (which starts at the end of April). She’s scheduled to get an antibody test on Friday; the results will help determine whether she should get the Covid vaccine (and which one, if any). Fortunately, her Covid long-hauler group has many people who have shared their experiences with the vaccines.

Now that the weather is warming up, Steph is able to spend some time outside – and she’s hoping the pool warms up, so she can do some workouts in the pool!

Swimming and moistened air will help her
Keep going you two

Prayer continues to light the path to complete healing.

Steph had an appointment with Wound Care today (she has needed ongoing treatment for a wound on her back that began as a pressure wound (bed sore) when she was in the ICU (it was initially healing at that time – but because they didn’t reposition her at the LTACH, it got much worse)). Finally, today she was discharged from wound care – all healed up! Three months after coming home…

Then we saw her primary Dr. Over the past week or so, Steph has hit a bit of a plateau (roadblock?) with her progress. For one thing, she gets very easily winded. Of course she still has reduced lung capacity. We are looking at nebulizer and other treatments to help alleviate that. The other issue is pain (numbness / tingling / pins & needles / burning) in her arm, shoulder, neck, and leg. She had some of the neck/arm pain previously, due to a pinched nerve. But now the effects of Covid have multiplied the issues. She was able to get in to her chiropractor today (first time in over 6 months) and got some much-needed relief. They were so pleasantly surprised to see her WALK in to the office!

Again, we thank you all for your prayers, contributions, comments, and support. We praise God for all the progress (as well as, of course, the opportunity to witness through all of the ups and downs), and we continue to pray for continued progress.
For example, a couple Fridays ago, she stood in the shower (the whole time) for the first time. But then the next time, she realized that was too much, so she sat in the chair. It's great that she continues to push herself. But I know how frustrating it can be when she pushes too hard, and has a setback.

Hard to believe it's been SIX MONTHS (& a week now) since this all started...

Steph had an appointment with Wound Care today (she has needed ongoing treatment for a wound on her back that began as a pressure wound (bed sore) when she was in the ICU (it was initially healing at that time – but because they didn’t reposition her at the LTACH, it got much worse)). Finally, today she was discharged from wound care – all healed up! Three months after coming home…

Then we saw her primary Dr. Over the past week or so, Steph has hit a bit of a plateau (roadblock?) with her progress. For one thing, she gets very easily winded. Of course she still has reduced lung capacity. We are looking at nebulizer and other treatments to help alleviate that. The other issue is pain (numbness / tingling / pins & needles / burning) in her arm, shoulder, neck, and leg. She had some of the neck/arm pain previously, due to a pinched nerve. But now the effects of Covid have multiplied the issues. She was able to get in to her chiropractor today (first time in over 6 months) and got some much-needed relief. They were so pleasantly surprised to see her WALK in to the office!

Again, we thank you all for your prayers, contributions, comments, and support. We praise God for all the progress (as well as, of course, the opportunity to witness through all of the ups and downs), and we continue to pray for continued progress.
For example, a couple Fridays ago, she stood in the shower (the whole time) for the first time. But then the next time, she realized that was too much, so she sat in the chair. It's great that she continues to push herself. But I know how frustrating it can be when she pushes too hard, and has a setback.

I send your updates to the Husker prayer warrior who I know. She's happy to hear answered prayers in the updates and continues to call Steph her "miracle lady".

Continuing to keep you both in my prayers

Thank you for the updates. Prayers continue with you on this journey. My devotional was fitting this morning where we are to ask the Savior to help us and he will carry us through.

This morning I read John 5:21 – “For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.” PRAISE GOD for His gracious will!

I remember back to early November, just after Steph’s 2nd cardiac arrest, multiple organ failure, when the doctors were giving her zero chance (but of course doing everything to save her). In morning rounds, I told the medical staff, “I believe in the God who raises the dead to life”. Hallelujah!

On Wednesday, Steph had her pulmonary evaluation, in preparation for beginning pulmonary rehab this week. She did a six-minute walk, which is much more than she’s used to, but her recovery afterwards was good (showing improvement).

She is gradually gaining stamina. Still gets winded very easily, though it seems like she’s been doing a little more with every passing day / week. It’s a bit scary when she’s gasping for breath after doing tasks that most people consider routine. But God is Good – and He is healing her in His time!

This morning I read John 5:21 – “For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.” PRAISE GOD for His gracious will!

I remember back to early November, just after Steph’s 2nd cardiac arrest, multiple organ failure, when the doctors were giving her zero chance (but of course doing everything to save her). In morning rounds, I told the medical staff, “I believe in the God who raises the dead to life”. Hallelujah!

On Wednesday, Steph had her pulmonary evaluation, in preparation for beginning pulmonary rehab this week. She did a six-minute walk, which is much more than she’s used to, but her recovery afterwards was good (showing improvement).

She is gradually gaining stamina. Still gets winded very easily, though it seems like she’s been doing a little more with every passing day / week. It’s a bit scary when she’s gasping for breath after doing tasks that most people consider routine. But God is Good – and He is healing her in His time!
Continuing to stand in prayer with you both. This journey through sickness to complete healing strengthened faith all around and shed light in the darkness for others.

What an amazing and inspirational journey. Continued prayers for you all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back