• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Offense

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Its kind of scary to think that going into year 4 this offense is going to be as inexperienced of an offense as we have ever seen in recent years. Other than QB we are returning an offensive line that while promising, probably is going to be made up of Sophomore and Redshirt Sophomores. At the RB position we are returning a total of 127 yards rushing offense. Probably even worse is the receiver positions......specifically wide receiver. We are returning about 500 yards worth of wide out receptions on approximately 50 catches. The good perspective on this could be that since the offense has struggled so much in the last few years at many of those positions that maybe will all that youth and opportunity at wide receiver and running backs that we can find a couple of gems.

It's better experience than HS but it's reaching a bit to include Manning's JC production.
Yep, but then again, counting all our JC players of the past, they werent here because of poor stats.
Even more live fire experience at any level is better than none.

He lined up, went on team trips, so.

His experience counts, if its his ability, he has to speak to that, and some re already guzzlling the koolade

Its kind of scary to think that going into year 4 this offense is going to be as inexperienced of an offense as we have ever seen in recent years. Other than QB we are returning an offensive line that while promising, probably is going to be made up of Sophomore and Redshirt Sophomores. At the RB position we are returning a total of 127 yards rushing offense. Probably even worse is the receiver positions......specifically wide receiver. We are returning about 500 yards worth of wide out receptions on approximately 50 catches. The good perspective on this could be that since the offense has struggled so much in the last few years at many of those positions that maybe will all that youth and opportunity at wide receiver and running backs that we can find a couple of gems.
1618804132168.jpeg
27291105-depressed-man-walking-with-a-cloud-of-rain-over-his-head.jpg

Despite the inexperience it is the most talented as well as amount of depth especially at Guard, TE's, RB's and WR's. What also makes me optimistic is Frost's willingness to make some adaptations if what we see comes to fruition as far as more of a power run game.

Do have one question and don't need to start a new thread.........who is in line to be back up at Center?

Despite the inexperience it is the most talented as well as amount of depth especially at Guard, TE's, RB's and WR's. What also makes me optimistic is Frost's willingness to make some adaptations if what we see comes to fruition as far as more of a power run game.

Do have one question and don't need to start a new thread.........who is in line to be back up at Center?
Hixson or one of the guards

Hixon has been working with the 2s

I like the look of the receivers a lot more than HCSF first three years. No more small receivers.
I like the numbers of them.
Some were here last year, but guys like Betts were learning during games, no spring, crap fall practices etc
But not only will we likely see a non hurt Nixon, or a no show mostly from Manning, or a no practice learn on the run Martin, but guys who've actually had some practice with a small amount of experience, plus Toure.

Last edited:

I don’t look at inexperience being a huge issue on offense. 3 returning starters on the OL, 4 if you’d include Hixson. Probably 1-2 at WR depending on how you classify things though we may have all new starters. Top 2 TE’s very experienced.

What freaks me out beyond AM being turnover and injury prone is what happens if he gets something beyond his normal nagging injury and is out half the season. Right now it looks like Masker should be #2 based on what I saw on Saturday. If you have a couple of solid RBs he could game manager it but I am not seeing that, at least so far.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back