• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling my shot(Haarberg)

Haarberg gonna be #2 QB by start of fall and may be the starter by season's end. He's definitely our future at the QB position.

Feel free to come back and laugh at this later if I prove wrong. I'm a man, I'm almost 40, and I can take it.
Props for the bold prediction. If it comes true, though, and he sucks, we're all going to hold you responsible for the outcome. ;)

Totally disagree. If TF had the same amount of talent around him that AM has had the last 3 years he wouldn’t have even been starting.
Frazier was one of, if not THE best college QB of all time. Look at his stats for the 95 OB and then tell me who won the game (and was voted MVP). It was a combination of talent, leadership, and scheme, like it always is.

Why didnt he get spring practice?
How about fall camp?
Ho about weekly team prep for upcoming games?
He couldnt, he wasnt cleared yet, though without ll of this he did play in 5 games with 5 catches.
Nothing spectacular, but not bad with no practices whatsoever, coming in mid season during a pandemic.
But where was Kade?

Point is, we still had little depth and experience with speed and size
He was fourth on the team in yds per catch
Then why was he out there at all if he didn't know any of the plays? Houston and Nance were on the team and available and in year 2 of the offense. They're reportedly fleet of foot. So many other teams figure out a way to get young talented receivers involved. This is just another excuse.

Last edited:
Then why was he out there at all if he didn't know any of the plays? Houston and Nance were on the team and available and in year 2 of the offense. They're reportedly fleet of foot. So many other teams figure out a way to get young talented receivers involved. This is just another excuse.
This is trying to get a very good receiver that has experience on the field.
And he did, and they did.

They had people that could get open deep. They just didn't try it often unless it was to a 5'5" slot guy with average top end speed.
I dont think either AM or the staff had enough trust in the long ball.
The O line was too erratic,so was the run game because of youth and injury,last year sucked all around.
A much deeper and experienced team this year should help

Ollie Martin runs a 4.5 (allegedly) and was on the team last year. Why not send him deep?

This is a fair question that I had been wondering, but I think it was answered in the past week or so. Martin (and the staff) said that he wasn't expecting to be eligible, so he wasn't getting reps in practice, and then he was hurrying at the end to get the plays down. He basically said in his press conference that he was still thinking last year about what he was supposed to do, versus reading defenses and running crisp routes. I don't think that anybody understood what he brought to the table until the end of the season. Didn't he have a 40" vertical? I don't believe that it's possible to have that kind of explosiveness and NOT have sprinter-like speed. We have to like his chances of coming down with a highly thrown 50/50 ball.

This is a fair question that I had been wondering, but I think it was answered in the past week or so. Martin (and the staff) said that he wasn't expecting to be eligible, so he wasn't getting reps in practice, and then he was hurrying at the end to get the plays down. He basically said in his press conference that he was still thinking last year about what he was supposed to do, versus reading defenses and running crisp routes. I don't think that anybody understood what he brought to the table until the end of the season. Didn't he have a 40" vertical? I don't believe that it's possible to have that kind of explosiveness and NOT have sprinter-like speed. We have to like his chances of coming down with a highly thrown 50/50 ball.
I guess he was potential world class swimmer, he win 8 state titles anyways.

Last edited:
He's a fantastic athlete for sure. He was s 4* WR coming out of HS if I recall correctly. I just struggle to believe that the staff couldn't put together a couple of packages where he was allowed to work deep. So for me it's either a miss by the staff or AM doesn't have the confidence to hit the deep pass. We know he has the talent.

He's a fantastic athlete for sure. He was s 4* WR coming out of HS if I recall correctly. I just struggle to believe that the staff couldn't put together a couple of packages where he was allowed to work deep. So for me it's either a miss by the staff or AM doesn't have the confidence to hit the deep pass. We know he has the talent.
I dont think you lose what you have that easily.
Some have,no doubt, some of the biggest busts in NfL history showed that, Leaf for example.
But why are we to assume the 2018 AM is dead and gone?

Notice the time he has

Last edited:

I dont think you lose what you have that easily.
Some have,no doubt, some of the biggest busts in NfL history showed that, Leaf for example.
But why are we to assume the 2018 AM is dead and gone?

Notice the time he has

It's a not a matter of physical ability. We know AM has th4 arm strength.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back