• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton coach McDermott apologized

You're all over the place and frankly not making much sense. You point out that the coach wasn't literally saying Creigthon is a plantatin and the players aren't literally slaves. As if there was any questions in the tiny slightest that anyone thought he meant it literally.... I really don't know why you said that and it's hard to get past the fact you did say it.

and I already said why I feel it's very reasonable to do a game suspension...because it went public. again...the same way Clinton should have at least been censured for Monica. If it hadn't been public it shoddy have just been between he and his wife.

and I made a very valid and good point that you ignored here whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

cactusboy said:

Do you see a lack of consistency that you downplay a coach telling a team full of Black players to not leave the plantation as only being offensive to "some people" and it's a "stupid world" where he could get suspended for a game...but yet at the same time call me, for years over and over, an anti-semite for being overly critical of Israel's actions vs Palestinians. Say it away you want...that I focus on it too much etc. It seems pretty clear to me you are overly understanding and willing to give the benefit of the doubt on the former and are very sensitive, overly looking to be offended and make very damning assumptions on the latter.
Just saying, if you have to tell yourself that your own points are valid....there’s a problem.

Creighton botched this so bad. With how poorly they handled it, they would have been better off parting ways.
So little woke recruit, who actually buys the BS the media heaps on all, is reason to fire a ridiculously successful coach , who by all accounts has not shown any racial tendencies or bias? Guys like you are more of a problem than guys like McDermott.

Last edited:

I think the kid was looking for a way to get out and found it. Who knows. But like in football if a kid doesn't want to be there then go where you are happy. I thought Mac did the right thing by getting out in front of something that I feel wasn't a real big 'character' issue for the guy but could have been worse if he tried to cover it up. Creighton could have done a better job with the media, but here we are down the road, one kid is not coming and the rest seem to be ok with things. Win for everyone.

So little woke recruit, who actually buys the BS the media heaps on all, is reason to fire a ridiculously successful coach , who by all accounts has not shown any racial tendencies or bias? Guys like you are more of a problem than guys like McDermott.
I’m not sure you understand my point. Creighton should have had his back from the start, hired a PR firm to help with process and messaging, and made him take some circumstantial racial sensitivity class. He’s a lame duck now so they probably should have started over.

I’m not sure you understand my point. Creighton should have had his back from the start, hired a PR firm to help with process and messaging, and made him take some circumstantial racial sensitivity class. He’s a lame duck now so they probably should have started over.
I would agree with everything except the lame duck. I don't follow basketball at all or care much about creighton but the local press seem to have no issue with things. Don't know what social media is saying but local, public stuff seems to have stopped.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back