• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling my shot(Haarberg)

Exactly. TFraz ran a 4.75 40 yet he scored a TD or two. IMO the thing that AM lacks is leadership. That ability-----------+-+

Recruiting analyst Forrest Davis' publication had listed Frazier's speed in the 40-yard dash as 4.50 seconds when he came out of high school, and his test results at Nebraska had been similar.--

No way T . Frazier was a 4.7.

I think visual test definitely not a 4.7 on the field.

Last edited:
Exactly. TFraz ran a 4.75 40 yet he scored a TD or two. IMO the thing that AM lacks is leadership. That ability-----------+-+

Recruiting analyst Forrest Davis' publication had listed Frazier's speed in the 40-yard dash as 4.50 seconds when he came out of high school, and his test results at Nebraska had been similar.--

Unless they focus on the technique for starting footwork, etc., there are a lot of really fast guys who struggle to post 40-yd times that are close to their ability. The sprint is actually too short to measure full running speed, so it's all about how fast you can get going and keep climbing. Guys who are trained as track sprinters almost always test out near their ceiling because they can transfer what they know about starting out of blocks to their first steps in the 40. This is also why a guy who hasn't tested that well can suddenly make a big jump when he finally gets some training on how to start.

Frazier didn't run track, as far as I know, and he seems like the kind of guy who didn't give two squats about learning the technique for something that wasn't football related. Had he stayed healthy, and had he taken the pre-workout training to boost his times, he probably would have been somewhere around a 4.5.

Haarberg gonna be #2 QB by start of fall and may be the starter by season's end. He's definitely our future at the QB position.

Feel free to come back and laugh at this later if I prove wrong. I'm a man, I'm almost 40, and I can take it.
Honestly I love the prediction and think he’s a great kid. However my friend don’t discount Smothers. Maybe your saying Smothers will overtake Martinez and Haarberg will be his backup.:Banana: I don’t care what the so called message board experts say. I still believe in Smothers also.

I am only concurring with your remarks. My reference point is that of a frosh QB being mentioned for the Heisman Trophy and then never showing much if any growth in Verduzcco's system. He, V, was purported to be a QB guru, even I can see that is not the case.
From my point of view, he is the biggest disappointment in the coaching staff.
He’s coached basically one starting QB here. We have no idea what’s wrong with Martinez. Could have been a lot of things. If the next QB has the same issues I will put it more on MV.

Where would you transfer to?
Someplace where the fans don’t blame the quarterback for poor line play, below average defensive play, questionable offensive game planning, no running game other than the quarterback and some of the most dismal special teams we have ever seen.

and to think, people question his leadership because he isn’t winning enough with this chit show. It isn’t leadership at the quarterback position causing our losing but heck..... let’s take the easy blame route.

We all know what the prime culprit of our problems have been the last 3 years but would rather blame it on the quarterback.

Someplace where the fans don’t blame the quarterback for poor line play, below average defensive play, questionable offensive game planning, no running game other than the quarterback and some of the most dismal special teams we have ever seen.

and to think, people question his leadership because he isn’t winning enough with this chit show. It isn’t leadership at the quarterback position causing our losing but heck..... let’s take the easy blame route.

We all know what the prime culprit of our problems have been the last 3 years but would rather blame it on the quarterback.

I certainly don't put all the blame on AM's shoulders. But it's a cop-out to not admit he plays a direct role in some key areas. It's not the o-line's blocking that causes him to cough up the ball after a run (he's especially prone to fumbling when he leaves his feet). It's not poor play calling that ties up his receiver when AM can't deliver his lateral passes in stride and in front. I's not bad blocking, poor playcalling or bad defense when AM sails passes beyond 15 yards or throws into triple (or more) coverage and gets a pick. It's not coaching or line play when AM freezes up and doesn't throw the ball or make a decision to run with determination and his coach tells him to "run!" when he gets to the sideline.

I hope he figures some things out this year, because he's about the only option right now. He shows flashes, but he's just not an elite, confident, killer-instinct QB who makes clutch throws and can effectively push the ball downfield up to this point. The kid has some talent for sure, but he has some issues between his ears that seem to prevent him from taking that next step.

NU has to look far better on offense this year. Time is running out. I'd just as soon have AM have the lights come on and become the gamer he needs to be.

could not find the fumble stats per individual. but interesting that at this point they have thrown almost the same amount of passes. TF 469 AM 481. TF over his career threw 11 int, AM threw 20. that means TF threw an int every 42.6 passes. AM every 24.45. AM does have a higher completion % and more yards. No question. but twice as many turnovers so as a result he has about half as many TD on the same amount of passes. TF 43 AM 20, TD/int ratio is clearly better for TFraz and his QB rating is 138.7 to AM 135.7.
Now go in and look at the stats when it mattered most in the biggest games. You will find TF numbers improved against ranked teams.

He gets way too much blame, for sure. But let's not pretend he hasn't been part of the problem along with everything else you listed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back