• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Calling my shot(Haarberg)

Reading OSU and their tradition of the black stripe on the helmet of freshman coming in. They have to prove themselves before its removed. 4 have already had it removed by what they have shown in practice.

Why is it here in Neb... oh he’s a freshman it takes time

I was waiting for someone to challenge me on that statement . Tommy was a career 49.5% pass completion guy with a great line and supporting cast. He was well known for bouncing the ball 10 foot in front of a receiver. This all in spite of the defense not expecting the ball to be thrown. He would have sat the bench in a Scott frost offense. Especially with the poor blocking.
If you think about it, it's what Frost wants: a running QB that throws vice a throwing QB that runs. I'm not convinced Frost would have started Berringer (better passer, poorer runner) over Frazier, regardless the quality of the OL

If you think about it, it's what Frost wants: a running QB that throws vice a throwing QB that runs. I'm not convinced Frost would have started Berringer (better passer, poorer runner) over Frazier, regardless the quality of the OL

I wonder how true that is as SF is on record as saying his system needs a QB that can make the throws downfield. I have posted the video and quote this past season.

C

Whats weird is, CTB saying theyve been effectively pushing the ball down field.
While only being rated 45th in pass D last year, and returning 3/4 of the backfield, either theyve gotten way worse, and the wrs have had tons of time for those passes to adjust to, or, those wrs are better this year, and the passes are getting there

Whats weird is, CTB saying theyve been effectively pushing the ball down field.
While only being rated 45th in pass D last year, and returning 3/4 of the backfield, either theyve gotten way worse, and the wrs have had tons of time for those passes to adjust to, or, those wrs are better this year, and the passes are getting there
Based on what they have showed the latter seems the case. I have seen more than one well covered WR go up and snaga 5050 in the videos. Especially Mr Toure.

could not find the fumble stats per individual. but interesting that at this point they have thrown almost the same amount of passes. TF 469 AM 481. TF over his career threw 11 int, AM threw 20. that means TF threw an int every 42.6 passes. AM every 24.45. AM does have a higher completion % and more yards. No question. but twice as many turnovers so as a result he has about half as many TD on the same amount of passes. TF 43 AM 20, TD/int ratio is clearly better for TFraz and his QB rating is 138.7 to AM 135.7.
And about half those fumbles are due to poor line play and bad snaps.

I wonder how true that is as SF is on record as saying his system needs a QB that can make the throws downfield. I have posted the video and quote this past season.

C

I don't think there's any question Frost's system needs a dual threat QB, so throwing downfield is a neccessity but I think it's evident Frost doesn't want a pro-style, pocket QB and I believe all else being equal, he'd choose the runner over the passer. I could be wrong; I'm not inside Frost's head but I think that's why he's enamored with Martinez.

Bad snaps? Sure those are not on AM. Poor O-line play is just excuse making for his poor ball security.

C
I’m sure you are right about poor line play being an excuse. Heck he shouldn’t even need a line to help him. If I was AM I’d transfer just to make you happy.

I’m sure you are right about poor line play being an excuse. Heck he shouldn’t even need a line to help him. If I was AM I’d transfer just to make you happy.
Bad snaps? Sure those are not on AM. Poor O-line play is just excuse making for his poor ball security.

C

I think you're both right. Bad O line play has led to AM bring forced to run a lot, and he has taken hit behind the line that caused fumbles that weren't his fault. At the same time, his ball security has not been good at all.
I hope it's improved across the board.

Never said anything close to that, but okay.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back