• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Time for a little spring fun.

Simple question. What player currently on the roster has the longest NFL career ahead?

My take... Bruce Benhart. Dude is a beast.

Linemen usually don't last long, even when they are talented. The toll on their bodies is too great. I would go with a defensive back, outside linebacker, or wide receiver. Maybe Domann or Taylor-Britt?

Connor Culp

Also, OL have the longest careers of any position in NFL on average but I couldn’t figure out if that included kickers so still going with Culp.

Connor Culp

Also, OL have the longest careers of any position in NFL on average but I couldn’t figure out if that included kickers so still going with Culp.
Is his leg strong enough to hit 50 yard field goals on the regular? Doesn’t get the ball into the end zone on kickoffs either. If not, no chance. The competition is too great.

I watched the Frost coaching blocking video, was pleased to see Fidone and Carnie in that drill, as well as Chris Hickman standing next to Austin Allen -- I think Hickman is getting taller still, he doesn't look any thicker. Barron Miles Jr. was out there as well!

I think the TE's have a decent chance to make the NFL, and with the recent history of Nebraska and the draft, that might be enough to have the longest career. ;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back