• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lithuanian 7-footer Oleg Kojenets commits to Nebraska basketball

Didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I would start a thread.

My gosh, we are going from small-ball to tall-ball in a hurry.

Whodathunk that Hoiberg would go for so many bigs?
Good get for sure. There is a thread in recruiting, but since he is so tall having one here seems appropriate.

After track practice tonight, Lil All 'N' and I were just talking about how Nebraska needed a big man. We had know idea of this possibility, but kinda a feel like we had Oleg up on the conversation.
You add this guy and the juco with Walker and Andre, could have a decent amount of size for big ten play. I liked Walker’s energy level and effort. Andre has the tools to be good if he can play under control. Welcome aboard big man! Also first 8th grade track meet tomorrow. Kid’s doing the high jump and 100 meter. I’m assuming Lil N is fast so 100m?

They say you can't coach 7 feet!!!
You honestly can’t. You even see it at the high school level. Brady heiman was 6’10” in high school and dominated class B ball. Honestly never was very skilled. He just was so much bigger than everyone around him. I don’t think he faced a center over 6’8” his whole high school career.

You add this guy and the juco with Walker and Andre, could have a decent amount of size for big ten play. I liked Walker’s energy level and effort. Andre has the tools to be good if he can play under control. Welcome aboard big man! Also first 8th grade track meet tomorrow. Kid’s doing the high jump and 100 meter. I’m assuming Lil N is fast so 100m?
His first 7th grade meet was last Thursday. He's fast, but not 100m fast. He's a distance runner.

Last edited:

I tried to look up his stats in FIBA U19 tourney in Latvia -- he didn't make the roster. I think he's a good candidate for a redshirt. Put Pizza Shuttle on speed dial and give him an account -- the Kelly Lively bulk up diet!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back