• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Steph is doing more walking on her own now (without support from a walker, etc.). On Saturday, we went shopping to TWO stores. She did great, although when we were in the 2nd store (a "superstore") she did seem a little winded a time or two -- though it didn't seem like a big deal, and she didn't complain. Found out afterwards that she WAS winded -- but she didn't dare bring it up because she was afraid I wouldn't want to take her shopping any more!

(Edit: She's still in the wheelchair when we go out -- she's just been doing more walking at home)

On Sunday, she tried out her new shower seat, and took a nice long shower -- for the first time in over 5 months!

Also, we do now have a GoFundMe account up -- I'll share the link.

Last edited:

Steph’s extra-long showers are running up our water bill… but I suppose that’s a small price to pay, seeing how happy it makes her to be able to shower again!

She had an appointment yesterday at the new post-COVID clinic that we have here locally. These clinics are popping up around the country to treat the covid "long haulers" with a multi-disciplinary approach all in one building. The first thing the doctor said to Stephanie was, "Wow, it’s incredible you are here right now.” Stephanie said “so you read my chart?” He just kept repeating how amazing it is that she’s still with us. Each of the staff she encountered during the appointment read her chart and knew her history. What a pleasant change compared to the last 2 facilities, where they didn’t care to know her history. Outcome of the appt: She is to begin pulmonary rehab 2-3x a week for 16 weeks; she has appointments scheduled with an orthopedic and neurologist to address other long-hauler symptoms. This appointment was such a refreshing change (good to be back under the auspices of the Piedmont system that was so great in Atlanta). Stephanie said she is so happy we have a post-Covid clinic here as she reads so many posts from fellow long haulers who are struggling to find the right providers who want to work with post-covid patients. She also got an X-ray, which still showed some lung damage (expected), but the doctor was surprised that it looked as good as it did (obviously thanks to God’s miracle).

Some of you may know that Steph has scar tissue in/on her upper lip, from a nasty scab that was caused by the vent tube support rubbing on her lip with every breath (early in her hospital stay, before the trach). We met with a plastic surgeon last week, who gave the green light for surgery to repair the lip (pending approval from cardio / pulmonary). But the Intensivist (Dr. we met with yesterday) gave a quick “no” to the procedure; would be too risky at this point (lung condition, blood thinners, etc.) and it’s not something she needs to have done immediately.

Steph’s extra-long showers are running up our water bill… but I suppose that’s a small price to pay, seeing how happy it makes her to be able to shower again!

She had an appointment yesterday at the new post-COVID clinic that we have here locally. These clinics are popping up around the country to treat the covid "long haulers" with a multi-disciplinary approach all in one building. The first thing the doctor said to Stephanie was, "Wow, it’s incredible you are here right now.” Stephanie said “so you read my chart?” He just kept repeating how amazing it is that she’s still with us. Each of the staff she encountered during the appointment read her chart and knew her history. What a pleasant change compared to the last 2 facilities, where they didn’t care to know her history. Outcome of the appt: She is to begin pulmonary rehab 2-3x a week for 16 weeks; she has appointments scheduled with an orthopedic and neurologist to address other long-hauler symptoms. This appointment was such a refreshing change (good to be back under the auspices of the Piedmont system that was so great in Atlanta). Stephanie said she is so happy we have a post-Covid clinic here as she reads so many posts from fellow long haulers who are struggling to find the right providers who want to work with post-covid patients. She also got an X-ray, which still showed some lung damage (expected), but the doctor was surprised that it looked as good as it did (obviously thanks to God’s miracle).

Some of you may know that Steph has scar tissue in/on her upper lip, from a nasty scab that was caused by the vent tube support rubbing on her lip with every breath (early in her hospital stay, before the trach). We met with a plastic surgeon last week, who gave the green light for surgery to repair the lip (pending approval from cardio / pulmonary). But the Intensivist (Dr. we met with yesterday) gave a quick “no” to the procedure; would be too risky at this point (lung condition, blood thinners, etc.) and it’s not something she needs to have done immediately.
From rolling over to baby steps to walking.
God is great in His lovingkindness.

Her pace and abilities increase each day, and thankfully lag her desire for living life to her fullest.

Let God continue to bless the two of you

Praise to the Lord

Last edited:

Elwood, the journey that the Lord has taken you two on is miraculous. As I have read the posts on your and Steph's journey, I have been amazed, frightened, tensed, hopeful, anguished and faith-inspired (kind of like watching a Husker football game). But mostly I have been in awe of what God has done.

Elwood, the journey that the Lord has taken you two on is miraculous. As I have read the posts on your and Steph's journey, I have been amazed, frightened, tensed, hopeful, anguished and faith-inspired (kind of like watching a Husker football game). But mostly I have been in awe of what God has done.

Nice analogy! Yes, it's been a roller coaster, train wreck, rollover crash, ...

When I look back at post #1 -- I could never have imagined where the Lord would have taken us on this journey. It's so humbling (and intimidating) to know that we are a part of His bigger plan. I think I have some idea of what Moses was feeling when he told God, "Please use someone else!" (Exodus 4:13)

Did you tell the doctor how awesome Husker fans are and about the connection we have to the man upstairs? So happy to hear all the wonderful news! Yay!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back