• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big 10 basketball isn’t so big

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
I turned against this conference with all the COVID drama. I hate the Big 10, and I relish watching them get their asses beat in the tournament. A much of arrogant elitist schools.

Go North Texas, Oral Roberts, Loyola Chicago, and Baylor! Love it!

I don’t necessarily hate the Big 10. I just really distrust the leadership it has right now.... but it’s a lucrative deal for us in a solid, well respected conference. We just happen to be getting screwed lately but I think that will pass.

However, I am just shocked at the way they have tanked in the tournament.

In all my years I don’t think I’ve seen this many top level seeds go down and they’re all Big 10.

But in the end doesn’t this hurt us.? Because the more the Big 10 is on TV.... the more money we make. Correct?

Last edited:

I don’t necessarily hate the Big 10. I just really distrust the leadership it has right now.... but it’s a lucrative deal for us in a solid, well respected conference. We just happen to be getting screwed laely but I think that will pass.

However, I am just shocked at the way they have tanked in the tournament.

In all my years I don’t think I’ve seen this many top level seeds go down and they’re all Big 10.

But in the end doesn’t this hurt us.? Because the more the Big 10 is on TV.... the more money we make. Correct?

I have been waiting 10 years now for all that extra dough to make a showing somewhere. The results have been a bit disappointing. The third worst decade in Husker football, and basketball is a joke as always.

Last edited:
Great season for the Big Ten. Best basketball conference in the nation.

The NCAA Tournament produces upsets. That's what happens with one-and-done. In the end, only one team is standing, and everyone else in the tournament ends their season with a loss.

Love those upsets, though. College basketball is the greatest postseason in all of sports, while college football is the absolute worst.

Anyhow, I don't really like the Big Ten. I don't really like any conference. I'm a Nebraska fan. But come tournament time, I'm a fan of Cinderella. Loyola is my team now -- and I believe they have the makeup to get to the Final Four again.

Last edited:
I have been waiting 10 years now for all that extra dough to make a showing somewhere. The results have been a bit disappointing. The third worst decade in Husker football, and basketball is a joke as always.
Agree, but it doesn’t have anything to do with the conference we are in.

Sure enjoyed watching them thrash the Big 10. Hopefully Rutgers gets polished off in a bit. I hate the Big 10.
I’ll root for anyone to end Brad Davison’s career. I’ve never liked the Big 10 and still don’t. I still root for Big 12 schools, especially the old Big 8 schools. Rutgers damn near had it but just choked haha. I have a feeling Iowa isn’t going anywhere for a while though.

This actually isn't a good thing for Fred... he needs to make some nice strides next year... like maybe getting to .500 in league play

I’ll root for anyone to end Brad Davison’s career. I’ve never liked the Big 10 and still don’t. I still root for Big 12 schools, especially the old Big 8 schools. Rutgers damn near had it but just choked haha. I have a feeling Iowa isn’t going anywhere for a while though.
Well that post didn’t age well, but it’s hard to be embarrassed when you are so happy that Iowa lost.

tenor.gif

I'm not surprised Iowa lost. I picked Oregon in most of my brackets. But I am surprised they got their asses handed to them. Good for Dana Altman, though. He commonly has his team ready come tournament time.

Is Michigan the only team left from the Big Ten? I'll have to root against them.

I'm not surprised Iowa lost. I picked Oregon in most of my brackets. But I am surprised they got their asses handed to them. Good for Dana Altman, though. He commonly has his team ready come tournament time.

Is Michigan the only team left from the Big Ten? I'll have to root against them.
Maryland plays tonight.

Maryland plays tonight.
I'm going to root for Maryland because Turgeon didn't take Juwan Howard's crap. I have no idea what the back story is, but Turgeon is maybe 5'10", and Howard is almost a foot taller. I have despised Maryland players in the past (you don't mess with Borchardt) but now willing to overlook that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back