• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
This show started off better than WandaVision. A little more action, and it generally made more sense. It felt more like a typical Marvel production, for better or worse. I wish Disney had dropped two episodes like they did with WandaVision, but oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

We thought the same. Lil' All 'N' was passed that someone else was wearing Cap's uniform and carrying the shield.

This show started off better than WandaVision. A little more action, and it generally made more sense. It felt more like a typical Marvel production, for better or worse. I wish Disney had dropped two episodes like they did with WandaVision, but oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Wandavision needed two episodes just to get to the real plot.

I like the show, they havnt even teamed up yet and its already good

I was a little disappointed, probably because I had higher expectations for this show than I did for Wandavision. There was some action, but it was against low level type villainy, which seems a little boring following Wandavision and Endgame. I think this show will be much better as it goes along.

Also the new Captain America is a total dork.

Screenshot 2021-03-22 093759.png

I watched John Carter (of Mars) again last night. That could have been an awesome franchise for Disney but they punted for Marvel (and then Star Wars).

I heard that the Burroughs' family has been shopping around the rights and that they are looking for someone willing to build out the whole universe.

I have been Marveled out for a while...and Disney killed Star Wars for me as well (but the Mando was pretty good -- even if the ending seemed rushed to neatly tie up the story quickly).

I watched John Carter (of Mars) again last night. That could have been an awesome franchise for Disney but they punted for Marvel (and then Star Wars).

I heard that the Burroughs' family has been shopping around the rights and that they are looking for someone willing to build out the whole universe.

I have been Marveled out for a while...and Disney killed Star Wars for me as well (but the Mando was pretty good -- even if the ending seemed rushed to neatly tie up the story quickly).
I've heard that it was actually a pretty good movie, just a lot going on. I haven't seen it yet, but it must be worth the watch?

I found the second episode better than the first. I really like the dynamic between Bucky and Sam, even if the conflict does seem a little forced at times. The second episode was dangerously close to getting preachy on racial issues, but I'll allow it once.
2 guys in a low income neighborhood in Baltimore, having a heated conversation in the street is going to illicit a 2 patrol car response? The police actually ask Bucky if Sam is bothering him? Come on, even in a show about super heroes, that's just not believable the way it was written. .

Last edited:
I found the second episode better than the first. I really like the dynamic between Bucky and Sam, even if the conflict does seem a little forced at times. The second episode was dangerously close to getting preachy on racial issues, but I'll allow it once.
2 guys in a low income neighborhood in Baltimore, having a heated conversation in the street is going to illicit a 2 patrol car response? The police actually ask Bucky if Sam is bothering him? Come on, even in a show about super heroes, that's just not believable the way it was written. .
I think you're going to see more of the racial issues in this show, at least based on what I've read. It may end up being over the top, but hopefully it's done in a reasonable manner. I think back to the in-your-face tone of Captain Marvel (playing No Doubt's "Just A Girl" in a climactic fight scene) and hope Marvel can do better.

Sharon Carter: I also took the wings so your ass could save his ass from his ass!

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed, probably because I had higher expectations for this show than I did for Wandavision. There was some action, but it was against low level type villainy, which seems a little boring following Wandavision and Endgame. I think this show will be much better as it goes along.

Also the new Captain America is a total dork.

View attachment 62524
He has a bitter beer face when he puts the helmet on.

I still think Bucky ends up with the shield. It's a good redemption story.

Only one episode left, and I think the show gets better each week. I really enjoy Sam and Bucky as a team. Episode 5 brought race back into play, but I think they did it in a way that enhanced the story rather than being preachy.

It looks like Zemo will not be around for the final episode, which is a shame. He is a much more interesting character in this show than he was in Civil War. A lot of folks think the series is setting up the Thunderbolts down the road. Zemo and John Walker/Murder Cap would fall into that show.

Only one episode left, and I think the show gets better each week. I really enjoy Sam and Bucky as a team. Episode 5 brought race back into play, but I think they did it in a way that enhanced the story rather than being preachy.

It looks like Zemo will not be around for the final episode, which is a shame. He is a much more interesting character in this show than he was in Civil War. A lot of folks think the series is setting up the Thunderbolts down the road. Zemo and John Walker/Murder Cap would fall into that show.
I have grown to like Bucky, and his interactions with Sam's sister finally showed something other than being mopey or bitter.

I kind of agree with your comments on the reintroduction of racial components, though I do feel it got a little bit preachy. I get Bradley's issues, but I'm kind of tired of the idea that we all need to continue to pay for the sins of our ancestors... or even someone else's ancestors. If circumstances were different, I'd probably be more ok with how they approached it. I think I'm probably just burned out.

I liked this episode, and I'm definitely with you on Sam and Bucky as a team. I still think Bucky should be Cap because he's a super-soldier, but I guess maybe it won't go that way.

Lots of loose ends to tie up in the final episode, and they've set up the MCU for some good stories.

Finished the show. I thought it was much better than Wandavision.

It seemed pretty obvious that Sharon was the Power Broker, so that wasn't much of a surprise. I also like how they quasi-redeemed John Walker. It makes sense, the guy was a hero who just has a lot of PTSD and had just taken the super soldier serum on top of it. He literally didn't know his own strength when he lost control, and it had deadly consequences. He is no Steve Rodgers, but that's the point. I liked how they ended the show with the title "Captain America and the Winter Soldier, but I would have preferred if it read Captain America and Bucky or something; as he is no longer the Winter Soldier.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back