• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Potential transfers

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Looking at all our offers out so far and the limited number of scholarships, it is inevitable we are going to 'Miss-Out' on most of them. But it seems to be a smart strategy. Even if you miss out on them out of HS, you've already got relationships established with them if they subsequently decide to transfer.

EDIT 3/25/21 to add this tweet:

Last edited:
So. F, Jamison Battle, 6-7, 225 lbs, George Washington - In Portal (fm MN) > Minnesota

Last edited:
I wouldn’t think we are working him that hard. Seems more of a scorer than a consistent shooter.
He could be a great sorta-four, maybe a Stevenson with focus. They like to have 6'6" guys with some heft to them.

I'm not optimistic about transfer scorers anymore. You better be a super fast slashing type WHO CAN MAKE A LAYUP or a good shooter type. Every team needs a clutch scorer, but I think that's going to be a McGowans next year.

I'm not getting too exercised about the transfer market, emphasizing players we are known to have contacted, rather than every player entering the portal. As with HS offers, there will be a lot more contacts than actual signings. I don't believe there'll be more than a couple, depending on what holes we ultimately have to fill.

EDIT 3/25/21 to add this tweet:

Last edited:
Fr. G, Justin Powell, 6-6, 205 lbs, uburn - In Portal

Last edited:
I'm not getting too exercised about the transfer market, emphasizing players we are known to have contacted, rather than every player entering the portal. As with HS offers, there will be a lot more contacts than actual signings. I don't believe there'll be more than a couple, depending on what holes we ultimately have to fill.
I am going to sit down now as well and not get too exercised about that old transfer portal.

:Lol: Nope; That's not it either. Think 'worked-up!' ;)

(Now poor/inconsistent officiating; That's something I CAN get exercised, or 'worked-up' over! ;))

Edit:
(AND something that SHOULD be Exorcised too (poor officiating that is :Lol:)

@coherbie @All 'N' 011808 ;)

Last edited:
Sr. G, Stef Smith, 6-2, 190 lbs, Vermont - Grad Transfer (from Ontario)

Last edited:
He’s listed in most publications as being 6’2”, so I’m not sure where those 5” came. I also wasn’t big on his really low assist stat. The B1G is too tough defensively to beat guys just by dribbling.

:Redface: Typo, Mis-read it from the Vermont MBB Roster. (Either a very late night or time for new glasses ;))

(Knew I couldn't pull anything over on you and @sandhillhusker :Stickouttongue:)

Nebraska: “I've been doing a lot of research on them and I know a player that's at the school right now Dalano Banton. I was able to catch some of their games this past season and they're obviously a really good program with a great coach who was in the league not too long ago as a coach. Another point when considering them would be to come play in the Big-10 and prove to myself that I can play at that level.”

So. G, Tyson Walker, 6-0, 162 lbs, Northeastern - In Portal (fm Westbury, NY) > Michigan State
3 years of eligibility

Didn't make his cut! :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back