• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale goes in depth on transfer

First of all. Whatever WR did as a true freshman really had nothing to do with development. He was suppose to be like Rondale Moore. They trained together and are friends. I am not saying he doesn't have a lot of the same attributes that Rondale Moore has, but he is not as good. He just isn't. That has nothing to do with development at Nebraska.

On to your second paragraph, I am going to leave PJ and Minnesota out of this equation because I would not say a 2 year winning streak is consistently better. PJ in his 4 years at Minnesota has had 1 really good year so lets not throw him in with Iowa and Wisconsin just yet.

I would agree that Iowa and Wisconsin have done a lot better job of developing players, in particular offensive and defensive linemen ever since Nebraska had been in the B1G. The reason that is is because both of those teams have been doing the exact same thing in their development for a minimum of 20 years. Iowa has had 1 coach since 1999. Wisconsin has had 1 system since 1990. That is the big difference. Nebraska since Farniok has been here has had 2 different HC, 2 different O-line coaches and most importantly 2 completely different offensive systems.

I guess I think Farniok has played OK. No not all B1G by any stretch of the imagination, but OK. I personally never put a lot of stock inrecruiting hype of offensive and defensive linemen. They both need a ton of development even if they are a 4*. There is just too many variables involved with linemen.
When it comes to PJ, I say, look no further than draft picks, and most werent his guys.
Somehow, this carries no weight, and yet, its not only true, but explains a few things as well.
It all starts on the lines, an next level, we havnt been there on draft day, not much at all.

Are they ready yet?
We’ll find out. Betts should take a huge jump. Toure is an NFL talent and has all the experience. I don’t think anyone can consistently cover Fidone, even as a true freshman. We’re loaded at TE. Brown should take a jump. I like the young wide receivers a lot but those are TBD. Manning is a huge wild card. If he can be what we expected when we signed him, look out!

Stepp should be a stud at RB. And I really like the young guys too. There’s a lot of unknown, but a lot to be optimistic about too. Time will tell.

We’ll find out. Betts should take a huge jump. Toure is an NFL talent and has all the experience. I don’t think anyone can consistently cover Fidone, even as a true freshman. We’re loaded at TE. Brown should take a jump. I like the young wide receivers a lot but those are TBD. Manning is a huge wild card. If he can be what we expected when we signed him, look out!

Stepp should be a stud at RB. And I really like the young guys too. There’s a lot of unknown, but a lot to be optimistic about too. Time will tell.
I agree, we have some players, no doubt

Should, should, should, should, should. Our entire program for several years has had a bunch of unrealized shoulds in it year after year.

Should, should, should, should, should. Our entire program for several years has had a bunch of unrealized shoulds in it year after year.
To a degree, yes. In this case, our offensive skill positions are primarily young players or transfers, so there is a lot to be determined.

I forgot about Martin at wide receiver. He’s another in the ‘should’ category. Showed some flashes as a transfer last season and was a 4 star coming out of high school. There are enough players with big upside that not everyone needs to be a home run. If just a few of these players live up to expectations we’ll be in good shape at the offensive skill positions. But yeah, I’m not promising anything.

Last edited:
To a degree, yes. In this case, our offensive skill positions are primarily young players or transfers, so there is a lot to be determined.

I forgot about Martin at wide receiver. He’s another in the ‘should’ category. Showed some flashes as a transfer last season and was a 4 star coming out of high school. There are enough players with big upside that not everyone needs to be a home run. If just a few of these players live up to expectations we’ll be in good shape at the offensive skill positions. But yeah, I’m not promising anything.
Dont forget Ezra miller as well, another 4 star transfer

First of all let me preface my statement by saying I never wanted WR to leave the program. He was definitely an asset to the program.

With that being said, I would not describe WR as a great player. He was a good player but I don't think he was/is great. He came in with a lot of hype and was suppose to be Rondale Moore's little brother. He has great wiggle, good hands and is tough as nails. He doesn't have the top end speed to be truly great. I knew that after watching him get caught from behind on that shovel pass his freshman year against Northwestern. I was thinking he was gone when he broke clear and that DB closed on him fast.

It's not his fault you are only gifted with so much speed and that speed can only be improved so much.

Was he overused as a RB I don't know, maybe. Was he used too much running the ball at the goal line? Definitely yes. My personal opinion is that he was so versatile and really knew the playbook so well that that was the big reason he was used so much as a RB. I don't think they trusted the other guys as much to know what to do.

Sad that he left, but he is gone. I will freely admit I am wrong and say he was miss used at Nebraska if at Kentucky he catches 75 balls for 1100 yards and 9 TDs. But, I don't think that will happen.

Your post about quickness made me remember a gazelle-like RB we had not too long ago that hated running the ball inside. THAT dude had speed to burn.

#sigh

Last edited:

Though some seem to feel the need to disparage Wan'Dale.

I personally don't think the offensive woes were especially due to quarterback play, rather I think it was largely due to play calling.

I respect that Robinson hasn't trashed his former team. And maybe he never will. That's absolutely fine. But he obviously did leave for a reason -- and it wasn't just to be closer to family. And I respect that decision as well.
I do have total respect for Wandale... great kid from everything I've seen. He was very talented but not irreplaceable.

Some people been salivating for more will be highly and mightily disappointed

I'm not surprised at all really. Wan'dale's just not the type of guy to say anything negative to the media about former teammates, coaches or Nebraska's program. Even though I'm sure he wasn't happy at times last season, he did everything he could to help his team win, and then tried to help the program get donations and publicity for the new football facility.

I'm sad he's not a Husker anymore, but I really do hope the transfer works out for him. I hope to see his name called on draft day so he can fulfill his dream of playing in the NFL and help his family.

I'm not surprised at all really. Wan'dale's just not the type of guy to say anything negative to the media about former teammates, coaches or Nebraska's program. Even though I'm sure he wasn't happy at times last season, he did everything he could to help his team win, and then tried to help the program get donations and publicity for the new football facility.

I'm sad he's not a Husker anymore, but I really do hope the transfer works out for him. I hope to see his name called on draft day so he can fulfill his dream of playing in the NFL and help his family.
Couldnt agree more.

At worst, the part of his quote, "...be able to do the things I want to do to get to the next level..." could be construed as an indictment on SF. However, if we were winning, he would still likely would have transferred. #Covid

At worst, the part of his quote, "...be able to do the things I want to do to get to the next level..." could be construed as an indictment on SF. However, if we were winning, he would still likely would have transferred. #Covid
Of course, Wandale doing what Wandale wants might not be what SF wants, looking at it that way, the indictment could be on Wandale

That guy was the best tailback we had. Even though he wasn't back there all the time. He should have been bulked up a bit more back there at least 70 percent of the time . I don't know if that's what he really wanted to do but I really liked him.

Curious to see what the kid from USC will do.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back