• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

*** Thoughts from offseason topics

The fact everyone has to continue to reference what Frost did as OC at Oregon and the one year at UCF heading into year 4 at Nebraska speaks volumes.

The fact that people that tried to convince themselves and others that a former coach was good, and still for some reason bring him up, also speaks volumes.

Dont forgt, he took a winless team to a bowl in his first year as HC

A winless team that was 9-4, 12-1, and 10-4 the three years prior. They where not near what that years record was and everyone who knows even a little about football understands that. Only record of SF's record that matters is the one at NU which enter his 4th year sucks. I hope that changes finally.

C

A winless team that was 9-4, 12-1, and 10-4 the three years prior. They where not near what that years record was and everyone who knows even a little about football understands that. Only record of SF's record that matters is the one at NU which enter his 4th year sucks. I hope that changes finally.

C
And a first year coach taking a winless team to a bowl game, then going undefeted the next year, then making history for quickest ever turnaound.
I was worried about his experience.Hes learning on our dime

And a first year coach taking a winless team to a bowl game, then going undefeted the next year, then making history for quickest ever turnaound.
I was worried about his experience.Hes learning on our dime

I wouldn't call it a turnaround as UCF was damn good before that one season that had special circumstances surrounding it. They were 55-25 the 6 years before 0-12. Best to just judge SF on his record at NU as that is the only one that matters.

C

The fact everyone has to continue to reference what Frost did as OC at Oregon and the one year at UCF heading into year 4 at Nebraska speaks volumes.

That provides value upon hiring -- and then the value drops to nothing rather quickly as it's replaced by what are you doing for my team.

The fact that people that tried to convince themselves and others that a former coach was good, and still for some reason bring him up, also speaks volumes.

I don't know which former coach you are referencing as good, but the last one I can clearly attach that label to without debate to is Osborne.

If you are referencing Riley, I have yet to see anyone label him as good.

LOL, in more than a few threads you were the first to bring MR up in order to prop up SF's 3 years of losing records.

C

I most certainly wasn't. But I responded whenever the comparisons started. I'll say it yet again for the 100th time: Frost's record sucks, is unacceptable, and at this point is his fault. All of that is independent of the fact that Riley is, was, and always will be atrocious.

I don't know which former coach you are referencing as good, but the last one I can clearly attach that label to without debate to is Osborne.

If you are referencing Riley, I have yet to see anyone label him as good.

There were plenty of people trying to convince everyone that Riley was a good coach. Anyone who even mildly paid attention to college fb knew he sucked.

Mik Riley was a gamble....

And the thought was “he does more with less”

With the follow on idea that he would take better talent and do “better”....

I’m not sure which concept was more flawed.

Riley’s one good year was when he took Pellini recruits, played a Pellini style offense, a Pellini style defense and let Tommy be Tommy.

The next year, he went to a completely new defense and started trying to stick a square peg in a round hole offensively with a drop back passer of questionable repute. Disaster. Unmitigated disaster. That along with a certain “looseness” that was instilled in attitudes and practice regimens.....

it broke the program. And unfortunately Scott has not been able to fix it....

YET.....

I think it’s this year that we start turning things around. That’s my hope. I’m optimistic!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

I wouldn't call it a turnaround as UCF was damn good before that one season that had special circumstances surrounding it. They were 55-25 the 6 years before 0-12. Best to just judge SF on his record at NU as that is the only one that matters.

C
Well, if you have talent, they sill need to be coached.
It wasnt the same offense or defense.

And this is the only year that matters
You remove their past, then you remove all of it, right?
Sure, it only counts for us here, but overall, it all counts

Last edited:

I most certainly wasn't. But I responded whenever the comparisons started. I'll say it yet again for the 100th time: Frost's record sucks, is unacceptable, and at this point is his fault. All of that is independent of the fact that Riley is, was, and always will be atrocious.

My bad, you were just the first to bring up MR, maybe I was wrong on your intentions.

C

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back