• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

O-Town Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no substitute for experience and Nebraska has not been able to get much of it with missed spring ball and so many injuries ( especially to WR) on offense.I expect improvement ( so many one score defeats) this season especially if the running game and special teams play improves.
Just counted, 54 scholarship kids, going back to 2019 rs class,are potential freshmen
thats 64% of the team
This is due to covid, but no spring practices and a goofy fall hurry up n wait, with fewer games played etc, we have a lot of talent thats inexperienced

Again I wouldn't say I expected it, but I wanted to see what would happen. Daniels the younger, stepped up and performed as I said you often see when it really is a guys turn. It was his 3rd year in the program as it was with Rodgers. Year 3 IMO is usually when linemen on both sides of the ball take a big leap.

There is very few defensive lineman in Nebraska's history that played a ton or were expected to start and be completely dominate before they were at least a RS Soph and usually it was as a Jr. The only defensive linemen that I can think of that played significantly as a true freshman and was really decent was Grant Wistrom. With that said he was basically a pass rush guy as a freshman.

I’m excited about this group.

Can’t wait to see them cut loose this fall.

Just counted, 54 scholarship kids, going back to 2019 rs class,are potential freshmen
thats 64% of the team
This is due to covid, but no spring practices and a goofy fall hurry up n wait, with fewer games played etc, we have a lot of talent thats inexperienced
I wouldn’t want my job judged on anything that happened last season. Hopefully the defense shows what can happen when you have experience.

I wouldn’t want my job judged on anything that happened last season. Hopefully the defense shows what can happen when you have experience.
Yea, but how do we forget it?
Does SF, like the players get another year?

We have to win, or look so good in barely losing...

Last edited:

Yea, but how do we forget it?
Does SF, like the players get another year?

We have to win, or look so good in barely losing...
We've had many close losses...not that it changes much. We've had some bad losses and few good wins. What we need in 2021 is 6 wins minimum including a two wins against Wisky, MN, NW and/or Iowa (3 out of 4 would get you the West). 7 wins and 2022 is the launching point for SF and company.

We've had many close losses...not that it changes much. We've had some bad losses and few good wins. What we need in 2021 is 6 wins minimum including a two wins against Wisky, MN, NW and/or Iowa (3 out of 4 would get you the West). 7 wins and 2022 is the launching point for SF and company.
What two losses would you trade for one win?
Say, Wiscy and Northwestern, thereby beating only minny or iowa, for a nice solid win over okie?
And would that then be enough?

Last edited:
True.

Aome felt we weren’t any good with the Davis twins and Daniels.

After watching the group this past fall, we had better line play overall with the new group. Nobody seriously expected that. Nobody who’s being 100% honest with themselves.

I stand corrected.

Congrats.

Don't tear a rotator cuff or anything.

I stand corrected.

Congrats.

Don't tear a rotator cuff or anything.

4241851.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back