• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will we win 7 games in 2021?

How confident are you that we will win at least 7 games this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without question that's absolutely true. Few years ago ARMY took them to OT in their own house. So yea OU could lay a stinker even though it's unlikely simply because it's Nebraska they are playing.
Army had the ball for like 3/4 of the game. They methodically went up and down the field, eating clock along the way. They won’t take NU lightly in a special, 50 year anniversary game. Won’t catch them looking past NU. Nebraska will have to play flawlessly to even have a chance.

Army had the ball for like 3/4 of the game. They methodically went up and down the field, eating clock along the way. They won’t take NU lightly in a special, 50 year anniversary game. Won’t catch them looking past NU. Nebraska will have to play flawlessly to even have a chance.
if they play flawlessly, theyll have more than a chance,unless okie matches us by doing the same.
Sadly, we dont know how good that can be, but we do know, at times,they can be pretty good.

I think Buffalo >> Troy State and N.Illinois. All at home. And no advantage ...... don't care about 95,000 dressed in red..

Oh BTW, not sCUm Buffalo

Pfft. You cannot compare different teams in different years to each other. One of those losses was a Riley team the other was with a 3rd string walk on QB.

Here we go again with anointing Buffalo a powerhouse. Pure comedy. NU wins by 2 scores. At least.

Yes we can win 7 or more games.

Last edited:

I won’t say no chance at all, but I think it is highly unlikely. Getting north of 5 wins isn’t too likely in my book.

Next year we’ll go as far as the D can carry us. I just don’t see our offense getting any better next year.

Yep and OU LOST to KSU at home last season who went 4-6. KSU wasn't exactly a powerhouse program last season. Yes we will need to play well but so will OU imo. It will be an interesting game and won we probably shouldn't win at least on paper. Fortunately it's played on the field however.

Win the first two and I think they OU game all of a sudden becomes.....very interesting.

Of course they will be favored.....as they should be but.....

Get a little newfound momentum under our crew as well as a trip to Norman to fire them up and who knows.

OU...of late...seems to play their worst football of the year always at the beginning of the year.

Regardless, my take is that the entire season pretty much rides on the first two games. Win those...and all of a sudden a daunting task seems entirely doable.

No pressure Huskers.....

agI don’t see that....at al
They lost some really key people and don’t play in a power five league, Will be hard for them to repeat last year’s success....which included no Power 5 opponents....in a short season.

In fact, against power five opponents they have only beaten one in the last five years. An absolutely awful 1-11 Rutgers team.

And they will be playing in front of 95,000 dressed in red, screaming Nebraska fans who have had an entire year of emotion built up as it will be our first home game with fans in almost two years.

Not happening.

Oh, and we beat NW next year too

What would your reaction be if we lost to Buffalo?

I can't assume Nebraska will beat any team. Obviously, we're not going to lose every game. In fact, I didn't choose the no chance at 7 wins.

But -- what has Nebraska done in the past 3-4 years to chalk up games as win? Yes, Buffalo is a MAC team that typically only plays one P5 team per season -- but they have been the best MAC program for about a 4-year span. It's a well-coached team. Are we a well-coached team? Sure, we have more talent -- but we have against quite a few teams that have beaten us in recent years. Illinois, for example, had 2 wins last season -- they beat Rutgers by 3 and Nebraska by 18 -- and Lovie Smith got fired.

I'm not sure who all Buffalo loses from this past season. Yes, their RB who ran for over 400 yards in a game this past season is gone -- but his backup played quite a bit late in the season -- and also put up great numbers (182, 93, 138 yards rushing in the final three games -- yes, he returns for the 2021 season). I tend to think Leipold has built a system that is pretty darn effective most of the time. I know Buffalo's starting QB also returns. But unsure about the team as a whole. Buffalo does a couple things quite well -- run the ball and win the turnover battle.

Anyhow, I can't say you're wrong. Nebraska may beat Buffalo. I'm sure we'll have more talent. And as long as we don't get out-coached, we'll have a good chance to win. But I don't buy the idea that talent alone is going to be enough. And I really don't think Lincoln is a daunting atmosphere -- we've seen a lot of lesser teams come in and play unphased by the crowd -- McNeese State, South Alabama, Troy, Northern Illinois -- all either beat us or played as quite close.

Last edited:
Absolutely confident, the stated goal from Coach Frost and Bill Moos on numerous occasions in the press is a west division championship, and you can only do that with 7+ wins.

No more excuses, time to win is now.

Absolutely confident, the stated goal from Coach Frost and Bill Moos on numerous occasions in the press is a west division championship, and you can only do that with 7+ wins.

No more excuses, time to win is now.
Lincoln will be a home where the Buffalo roam (like for 7 touchdowns ) pal

GET TICKETS

Back