• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will we win 7 games in 2021?

How confident are you that we will win at least 7 games this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

How confident are you that we will win at least 7 games this year?

Honestly, no chance.

The best scenario, 5 wins. No bowl streak continued :(

@ Illinois ..... barely W
BuffaloU .... L. Top25 final poll, mostly return
@ OU ....... duh (L)
@ MSU .... W ??
NW .... Loss. Fitz >>>>>>> Frost
Meechickens ... L
@ Rodents .... W (upset?)
Purdoo .... W
Ohio St ..... duh (L)
SE Lions .... W
@ Wiskey .... L (as usual)
Dirty Birds .... L (ditto)

9 games out of 12, Husker underdogs :Facepalm:

Or else 2021 schedule will be axed. COVID thing. Tied for 1st place, final standings, 0W-0L ! :Woohoo:

Anyway, I can't wait. 6 months, 179 days to go ..... next kickoff.

3uKG6I0.png

Last edited:

Havnt had a defense like this in awhile. Cant get worse on special teams and penalties, or much wose on turnovers.
Everyones a year older on O, and the missing are being replaced with experience, with what looks to be some talent, 7 very doable.
Is this Nebraska defense even going to be as good as Iowa States defense has been? I’m not so sure. Can Nebraska slow down OU? Hold them under 35? Possible, but not likely. That means NU will need to score at least 35 or so just to have a chance. To me, that game can set the tone for BIG play. Get embarrassed, and you’re doubting yourself again. Hang tough and take it to the wire, or win, then you have a lot of confidence moving forward.

with the improved and experienced D, if we can just break even on the turnovers, we can be a 7 win team.

Penalties are drive killers for our Offense and Killers for the defense also. How many times did we see a def back
get a holding call on an uncatchable ball ?

If we can just improve that 3rd down defense, and get off the field 2ce more per game, that'll do wonders.

Our offensive holding that leaves us with 2nd and 19, from inside our own 25 yard line, ultimately gives the other team pretty short fields 2-3 times per game. If we can at least get to the 40 b4 we have to punt, that makes an immense difference.

Some of these simple things add up. Hidden yardage of special teams, and short fields, sooner or later, make a difference.

with the improved and experienced D, if we can just break even on the turnovers, we can be a 7 win team.

Penalties are drive killers for our Offense and Killers for the defense also. How many times did we see a def back

If we can just improve that 3rd down defense, and get off the field 2ce more per game, that'll do wonders.

Our offensive holding that leaves us with 2nd and 19, from inside our own 25 yard line, ultimately gives the other team pretty short fields 2-3 times per game. If we can at least get to the 40 b4 we have to punt, that makes an immense difference.

Some of these simple things add up. Hidden yardage of special teams, and short fields, sooner or later, make a difference.
The simple things win lots of games. Teams that don’t beat themselves are usually very solid. A few drives per game is a big deal. Have to improve in the fundamentals. That will win well more than you lose. Problem is, these issues have gone from Pelini, to Riley, and now Frost. It’s been a lingering issue for a long time. It’s like a damn curse or something.

Cut penalties and turnovers by 25%, something in their control, and think 7 is doable.
I am really happy that someone else sees this.

The nation’s number one BCS school for losing one score games for the last three years.

One score games.....

Just play cleaner football...even a little...and how many of those one score losses we win?

That and absolutely stop the bonehead crap on special teams. Just do your job and I'm looking directly at you right side contain men on the punt return team.....

Some skinny soccer kid who can kick the bejesus out of the ball on kick off’s would be nice as well....

7 is absolutely doable.

BuffaloU .... L. Top25 final poll, mostly return
I don’t see that....at all.

They lost some really key people and don’t play in a power five league, Will be hard for them to repeat last year’s success....which included no Power 5 opponents....in a short season.

In fact, against power five opponents they have only beaten one in the last five years. An absolutely awful 1-11 Rutgers team.

And they will be playing in front of 95,000 dressed in red, screaming Nebraska fans who have had an entire year of emotion built up as it will be our first home game with fans in almost two years.

Not happening.

Oh, and we beat NW next year too

I don’t see that....at all.

They lost some really key people and don’t play in a power five league, Will be hard for them to repeat last year’s success....which included no Power 5 opponents....in a short season.

In fact, against power five opponents they have only beaten one in the last five years. An absolutely awful 1-11 Rutgers team.

And they will be playing in front of 95,000 dressed in red, screaming Nebraska fans who have had an entire year of emotion built up as it will be our first home game with fans in almost two years.

Not happening.

Oh, and we beat NW next year too
I think Buffalo >> Troy State and N.Illinois. All at home. And no advantage ...... don't care about 95,000 dressed in red..

Oh BTW, not sCUm Buffalo

I said 70% confident. I can tell you this. IF we do not we are probably looking for a new coach. Even favorite sons do not get forever.
Most believe he will get the full 7 years. That’s a long time without winning much. It’s year 4, if there isn’t improvement by then, chances are it’s not happening. No one should need longer than 4 years to start seeing some fruit from the work. No one is even asking for a championship. Just get to a bowl and look like you are really revving it upward. He will be under big time fire should NU have yet another losing season.

Most believe he will get the full 7 years. That’s a long time without winning much. It’s year 4, if there isn’t improvement by then, chances are it’s not happening. No one should need longer than 4 years to start seeing some fruit from the work. No one is even asking for a championship. Just get to a bowl and look like you are really revving it upward. He will be under big time fire should NU have yet another losing season.
Defense improvement, special teams ,just kick the ball into the end zone, run the football ( a lot) and finally not playing freshmen should be good for seven wins including a BIG upset of the Sooners.

I am pretty confident they will get to 7 wins. Because if they don't I think SF is gone and frankly he deserves to be gone if he can't win 7 games next year.

Someone said they only see 2 sure wins on the schedule. I only see 2 sure losses, OSU and OU and even OU is not a sure win. They generally are a slow starting team early in the year.

I am just confident that the defense should be decent. I don't expect them to be top 10, but I think top 30 is doable.

Sorry just can't go through life or football season thinking Nebraska will suck like most of you. Gotta be optimistic.

Okla, can and does beat a really good team almost every year, and likewise, they lose to a very mediocre team every year also, a team that wins only 5-6 games per year. plus they usually have a very average defense, they just outscore people. that gives us a chance so long as we avoid turnovers

Okla, can and does beat a really good team almost every year, and likewise, they lose to a very mediocre team every year also, a team that wins only 5-6 games per year. plus they usually have a very average defense, they just outscore people. that gives us a chance so long as we avoid turnovers
Without question that's absolutely true. Few years ago ARMY took them to OT in their own house. So yea OU could lay a stinker even though it's unlikely simply because it's Nebraska they are playing.

We finished 10th in 3rd down conversions on D nation wide last 3 games, and the last one in november as well.

So,last half of the year.
Our offense, STs turnovers and penalties just has to improve only so much, as our defense is very capable of winning games.

GET TICKETS

Back