• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

*** Thoughts from offseason topics

How do you know they'll do that? I've seen a lot of people here repeat that, but I don't know where that's coming from and I frankly won't believe it until it happens. The Minnesota game this year was the perfect time to do that and it didn't happen then.
Ask Damon Benning, Jay Foreman, plus a few unnamed former Huskers.
Theyre all saying it

Where? I listen to S&B. I don't recall them saying it.
Theres more.
Jay has mentioned it on his show.
Plus theres others

A burst of sanity? :)

No seriously, either a long look from outside the program or a reasoned off season analysis from within the program should show:
1. Best offensive game in the last two years: Run Heavy Rutgers (Name acronym: RHR).
2. You belittle the O-line but we have young and very physical talent that is finally two deep. And it is far easier to teach that talent to scheme for run blocking than it is for pass blocking.
3. What does your QB room do better, RPO or drop back and read a multiple scheme defense? Quickly now what's your answer, buzzer.....Wrong its not throwing the deep curl route or the twenty yard out to the far side of the field now is it.
But the QB room could flourish in an offense that is run heavy, say Dr. Tom like with RPO, options, and be still my heart, the "waggle" :).
4. Does any team have more talented, athletic TEs than DONU? What better way to use them than to go run heavy and bring back the glory days of Jim McFarland (God rest his soul), Johny Mitchel, Junior Miller, Matt Herian........ It was not so long ago that we terrorized teams with the play of our TEs, that time can come again.
5. Finally this year we showed some desire at WR to block down field, that hopefully will continue as no run heavy team can be truly successful without WR blocking downfield.

Scott becomes an "offensive genius" when/if he goes "run heavy" and stops trying to put a square peg into a round hole, and uses the considerable talent he has by putting them in the best spots to be successful and not just keep trying to run his UCF offense.

GBR
this is great want to meet my sister?

I also wonder where all this talk about the "power run game" is coming from. I'm not sure if it's wishful thinking that has grown legs, or someone knows something about concrete plans Frost is making. But like you mentioned, we will need better OL performance if we are to hang our hat on that. Especially when it comes to our OL getting to the 2nd level. I don't want to draw many conclusions from the Rutgers game; I want to see it for a few more games. I guess we will find out in the fall.....
Just saw a post on twitter that drives me absolutely nuts about our fan base currently:

So go watch the film, Matt Davison comes with "oh no" as the ball was thrown and "Wan'Dale was wide open and we overthrew him." But a fan of Nebraska is of the opinion that once we get rid of the #1 APB in the 2019 recruiting class, who reportedly ran a 4.22 40, who was billed as "everything Frost needs and a perfect fit for his offense" and replace him with a bigger WR this won't be a problem. Not that we completely missed an wide open WR and tried denting the safeties sternum with the ball.

We are in a frustrating time of Husker football for me.

Last edited:
Just saw a post on twitter that drives me absolutely nuts about our fan base currently:

So go watch the film, Matt Davison comes with "oh no" as the ball was thrown and "Wan'Dale was wide open and we overthrew him." But a fan of Nebraska is of the opinion that once we get rid of the #1 APB in the 2019 recruiting class, who reportedly ran a 4.22 40, who was billed as "everything Frost needs and a perfect fit for his offense" and replace him with a bigger WR this won't be a problem. Not that we completely missed an wide open WR and tried denting the safeties sternum with the ball.

Yes we are. Yes we are.

In my best Uecker voice:
"just a little outside". I don't know how the Wide Receivers lay off those throws" :)

Great post again ***!

GBR

I guess my answer to this is can’t you both be right?

It was a bad overthrow and a bigger/taller receiver makes it an easier throw.

I will call BS on the 4.22 40. There is a lot of TDs that he would have scored that he didn’t with that type of speed.

I am not happy WR transferred out by any means but I am not going to say he is something he was not.

Last edited:
I guess my answer to this is can’t you both be right?

It was a bad overthrow and a bigger/taller receiver makes it an easier throw.

I will call BS on the 4.22 40. There is a lot of TDs that he would have scored that he didn’t with that type of speed.

I am not happy WR transferred out by any means but I am not going to say he is something he was not.
I think when you start getting into "he needs to be taller" when you miss a wide open WR that's pretty awful analysis. You are talking hypothetical as if everything would be the same when the reality is we had a wide open WR. What if the taller and slower WR had the safeties playing closer so he wasn't even open? I think as fans we need to just stick with the analysis of a guy that was on staff that said "he was wide open and we didn't hit him" not "boy really wish we had someone taller running that route." If we need a taller WR to hit that throw, we are screwed no matter who the WR is.

I'd agree on the 4.22 which is why I put "reportedly", I know that's what got him his Alabama offer. But his dad and trainer probably timed him. My son will run a 3.95 when I time him.

Wan'Dale leaving isn't a good thing. Agreed. He's gone so i'm over it. But this type of analysis just really frustrates me.

I think when you start getting into "he needs to be taller" when you miss a wide open WR that's pretty awful analysis. You are talking hypothetical as if everything would be the same when the reality is we had a wide open WR. What if the taller and slower WR had the safeties playing closer so he wasn't even open? I think as fans we need to just stick with the analysis of a guy that was on staff that said "he was wide open and we didn't hit him" not "boy really wish we had someone taller running that route." If we need a taller WR to hit that throw, we are screwed no matter who the WR is.

I'd agree on the 4.22 which is why I put "reportedly", I know that's what got him his Alabama offer. But his dad and trainer probably timed him. My son will run a 3.95 when I time him.

Wan'Dale leaving isn't a good thing. Agreed. He's gone so i'm over it. But this type of analysis just really frustrates me.

I am not really talking about that particular play as far as a bigger/taller receiver is concerned. It is a fact that a taller guy with longer arms has a bigger catch radius.

The pass was terribly overthrown and that is on AM

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back