• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey to Louisville

Luke seemed like a good very fast teammate, nothing more. IMO he was below average at the QB position. Blame it on Frost or Coach V if need be, but he was not the answer. Louisville seems pretty odd but good for him.

Good luck to him...

Based on what I have seen from him as a quarterback...do we have any open dates in the next couple of years so we can get Louisville on the schedule?

:thumbsup:

I don’t think anything new can be extracted from this. It was obvious before that he probably didn’t leave due to playing time because he got plenty as a RS Freshman this last season.

I had serious doubts he would ever develop here and maybe he felt the same way. So best for everyone that he moved on.

maybe Louisville is the only team that wanted him and also said they would give him a shot at QB. Hard to tell without inside information.

time will tell whether it was a good move for him as well as whether it was ultimately a good move for Nebraska.

It’s pretty clear he wanted to be QB. SF basically shouted from the rooftops in the media that he wanted Luke to be a QB here.

Like I said, I think the most likely case was that Luke didn’t feel like he was developing as a QB and so he left. I agree, he wasn’t developing as a QB.

Maybe he will find his happy place and do awesome at UL and maybe he will find out he’s not cut out for QB.
I don't think the guy they have has ever been a qb coach

Best of Luck LM.

still can't get over that photo... I mean bravo Louisville, way to lay it on heavy -
pictured with the Heisman AND the CFPNC Trophy :Rolf:

Last edited:

Odd choice for all that has been said

Not mention record the last three years

2018: 2-10
2019: 8-5
2020: 4-7

Good luck to him

To note, the 2018 season was under the previous staff.

Scott Satterfield has been the coach since 2019 (former Appalachian State head coach). Louisville is 12-12 under Satterfield.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back