• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

O-Town Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

So the staff gets no credit for Fidone because it was only the memories of the 90's that made him pick Nebraska. Ok. So I guess the staff should get the blame for not getting Dickerson/Johnson cause these same aged kids as Fidone obviously didn't like the memories of the 90's. Gotcha.:thumbsup:
Touche

No kid is going to go to a school no matter how much he loves it if he does not click with the coaches or offense

No it was not luck. And no it's not the best case scenario

He was born in 2002 so he was a bit late on the 90's
Whether it was Fidone remembering when we were great, or his dad telling him about it, it was a big part of why he came here (maybe the majority of why he came here). What I am saying is, much of the ground work was laid before he even had a conversation with Scott or his staff. See for yourself. This is just one article I found on my first search. I know there is another out there detailing that his love for when Nebraska was great is what drew him here in the first place. I’m not saying he didn’t click with Scott, but to say it was solely Scott’s recruiting skills are why he came here is just not accurate with what what the kid has said.

Last edited:

Painfully on occasion.
The drilling down exclusively on this staff without prior recognition of the failures and bad creations of previous staffs, ignoring th maturity of the over all program at this stage is ignoring truths.

Left up to this staff to fix these things, and their subsequent responsibilities cant be denied, but again, ignoring the things above is simply placing everyone elses blame onto this staff.
Ignoring the time it takes to turn these things around, or what progress has been made, saying things are exclusive to Nebraska since the last two staffs, and ignoring all the things torn down since Frank is some mighty stretching of the truth.

Unlike Bo, or BC or MR, we have a coach thats come here not just to win, but to correct and rebuild whats been lost.
To point out and make this scenario the pinnacle of a failed attmpt at returning things to where they were is disingenuous, yet it is but another complied failure of things going wrong for awhile now, in no way should this be considered the worst of it, as its just a result of the many things before it.

Not once has this staff not put together a decent recruiting class, and focuses and approaches have changed, as they will at home, for kids here.

Saying all that, we need to win, and anyon ignoring THAT can join the group that ignores all the other problems

Last edited:

More than anything I hope the Nebraska staff is talking with the staff at the high schools, some kids are not going to want to come to Nebraska no matter what. Need to keep relations with the coaches and if kids want to come here great if they want to go other places that is just fine too. I do think it is important to let them know if they want to come back make sure to reach out.

Good luck to these kids, but lets move on, shall we.

What I find interesting is, we hire coach after coach, none fixing things torn apart, reinstalling aspects of known payoffs, like thw alkon pogram etc, but, didnt we know this day was coming?
And, do we continue to keep doing things thats known as failure by just saying, just win baby?
Get the hot coach, ignore traditions that add to the programs viability and strength, just win baby.

Weve had enough coaches trying to do just that traditions be danged, but hey, they recruited well, dont need no stinkin walkons, or, didnt recruit well, walkons were ok, but not emphasized, or even, this guy might be able to recruit, but lets hobble him with no jucos etc.

Does any of the above justify just win baby?

Does it make sense to pound on a staff thats reinstilling/installing past proven approaches, yet demand we return to yesterdays winning, while at the same time questioning attaching those that did win then, as to whether this is a good idea?

Some just want to win, but others want to win by doing it right, implementing the things thats always worked, yet for some, its like after all this, that native kids just should be just taken for granted theyd want to come here, and only blame a staff thats committed to changes all things lost, improve the things that werent, and have it turned around and winning, all at once.

We have had 2 great coaches, not just TO, I remind everyone, and since we cant go get a Saban or a Meyer, having a complete change as to just creating wins at a high level, TO didnt do things the Bobfathers way, as TO grew and changed his approach, yet both maintained the strengths, like the walkon program, concentration of more local 500 mile radius kids etc.

Giving this staff and SF in particular, time to remake himself is essential, as he rebuilds a program thats abandoned much of its past successes.
Rock bottom is rock bottom, SF an staff didnt bring us here alone, and is still the best choice to get us righted.

Last edited:

So can it be bad luck that these two kids did not grow up Husker fans and just want to leave the state? Or do these justifications only work one way?

That’s a bingo.

It happens all the time. Everywhere.

I grew up playing football in Colorado and if I was a D1 scholarship level player, I would have turned down a scholly from CU in a heartbeat. It happens. Top kids from Colorado have been coming to Lincoln for years and we don’t bat an eye. Kids from Nebraska don’t sign at NU and it’s obvious our staff did something wrong. It’s just wrong.

Top kid out of Iowa, top out of Kansas, some top five players out of Colorado, Minnesota come to mind
Should never forget SoDak ever as well

Last edited:

What I find interesting is, we hire coach after coach, none fixing things torn apart, reinstalling aspects of known payoffs, like thw alkon pogram etc, but, didnt we know this day was coming?
And, do we continue to keep doing things thats known as failure by just saying, just win baby?
Get the hot coach, ignore traditions that add to the programs viability and strength, just win baby.

Weve had enough coaches trying to do just that traditions be danged, but hey, they recruited well, dont need no stinkin walkons, or, didnt recruit well, walkons were ok, but not emphasized, or even, this guy might be able to recruit, but lets hobble him with no jucos etc.

Does any of the above justify just win baby?

Does it make sense to pound on a staff thats reinstilling/installing past proven approaches, yet demand we return to yesterdays winning, while at the same time questioning attaching those that did win then, as to whether this is a good idea?

Some just want to win, but others want to win by doing it right, implementing the things thats always worked, yet for some, its like after all this, that native kids just should be just taken for granted theyd want to come here, and only blame a staff thats committed to changes all things lost, improve the things that werent, and have it turned around and winning, all at once.

We have had 2 great coaches, not just TO, I remind everyone, and since we cant go get a Saban or a Meyer, having a complete change as to just creating wins at a high level, TO didnt do things the Bobfathers way, as TO grew and changed his approach, yet both maintained the strengths, like the walkon program, concentration of more local 500 mile radius kids etc.

Giving this staff and SF in particular, time to remake himself is essential, as he rebuilds a program thats abandoned much of its past successes.
Rock bottom is rock bottom, SF an staff didnt bring us here alone, and is still the best choice to get us righted.
You seem to take the position that the rest of us just "don't understand" the recent history of the program, yet you do, and indicate this by your "I remind everyone" comments. And, you are making the point that the timetable that we are seeing was expected, and the rest of us just don't understand. We get the history of the program. You aren't the only one who has been watching Husker football for the last 30 years. We know it was a big job to rebuild the program. The fact is, Frost is behind schedule, by his own admission and predictions, and it is going to disqualify us from consideration by many recruits who want to win. Frost was predicting this rebuild would be "similar to UCF" and we would be "dangerous in year 2". Fan dissatisfaction should not be a surprise, nor should concern over signing the "500 mile radius" recruits. If Frost was winning at a decent clip, there wouldn't be as much hand wringing about every in-state recruit lost, guys leaving the team, or portal activity. I'm thinking that if Frost won the Big10 West, we wouldn't be very concerned if we lost 5,10, 15 guys through the portal. It shouldn't be surprising that fans are questioning everything Frost is doing, considering his results so far, especially when he predicted faster results himself.
I'm all for giving Frost 5 years minimum, and I am wanting him to succeed, but let's not pretend that what we are seeing is expected and isn't the result of some failings by Frost.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back