• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

And another Michigan QB portals out........

If we're talking stats (and I'm not going to dig in to this) but it would be interesting to know how many times Toure was targeted verses how many times Wandale was targeted, and whether or not the system Toure operated in highlighted the deep ball or short passes. It'll also be interesting to see how effective Toure might be after he gets his ribs crushed a few times going up for high passes. Again, I hope the kid does well. I hoped Manning would do well too but the hype surrounding him hasn't come to fruition.
That's my issue, too. We have heard for years how this new transfer or recruit, who hasn't played a down, will solve our problems, but it just hasn't panned out that way in reality. Most have been disappointments, including Manning (up until now). The USC RB seems like a solid addition, as does Toure, but until they get on the field I'm going to reserve penciling them in as major impact players. Fidone hasn't even stepped on a college football field yet, so I'm in wait and see mode with him. To summarize, I don't put a whole lot of faith in "projections" of what guys are going to do....college football history is full of players who never measured up to the hype, and we have had our fair share here at NU. Let's hope that turns around and these new additions are all studs and can move the Offense out of the sh!tshow it has been.....

Last edited:

If we're talking stats (and I'm not going to dig in to this) but it would be interesting to know how many times Toure was targeted verses how many times Wandale was targeted, and whether or not the system Toure operated in highlighted the deep ball or short passes. It'll also be interesting to see how effective Toure might be after he gets his ribs crushed a few times going up for high passes. Again, I hope the kid does well. I hoped Manning would do well too but the hype surrounding him hasn't come to fruition.
On 247, Toure is listed as 6'3"
He came in as a frosh at about 6 foot.

Last edited:
What’s the fascination with Adrian getting guys hurt? We had more guys get lit up because of whiffed blocks than high passes. JD took some shots, specifically against Illinois but was that the throw, or was that how the defense was covering the guy we all knew was getting the ball? And before we discuss a QB protecting his receivers, there are times the ball only has a small space it can be thrown, and good D coordinators teach their guys where that window is, and to try a separate receivers from the ball in those areas.

That's my issue, too. We have heard for years how this new transfer or recruit, who hasn't played a down, will solve our problems, but it just hasn't panned out that way in reality. Most have been disappointments, including Manning (up until now). The USC RB seems like a solid addition, as does Toure, but until they get on the field I'm going to reserve penciling them in as major impact players. Fidone hasn't even stepped on a college football field yet, so I'm in wait and see mode with him. To summarize, I don't put a whole lot of faith in "projections" of what guys are going to do....college football history is full of players who never measured up to the hype, and we have had our fair share here at NU. Let's hope that turns around and these new additions are all studs and can move the Offense out of the sh!tshow it has been.....
It strikes me as pretty dull if all I’m going to consider are guys who have proven themselves at Nebraska. Heck, maybe we could just get rid of the recruiting area of HM.

What’s the fascination with Adrian getting guys hurt? We had more guys get lit up because of whiffed blocks than high passes. JD took some shots, specifically against Illinois but was that the throw, or was that how the defense was covering the guy we all knew was getting the ball? And before we discuss a QB protecting his receivers, there are times the ball only has a small space it can be thrown, and good D coordinators teach their guys where that window is, and to try a separate receivers from the ball in those areas.
Yes.

It strikes me as pretty dull if all I’m going to consider are guys who have proven themselves at Nebraska. Heck, maybe we could just get rid of the recruiting area of HM.
Ya, I probably could have explained myself better. We all look at potential when we evaluate new transfers, recruits, etc., and think about how they can help the team, or it would be a pretty dull offseason. I have just become a little gun-shy when it comes to counting on them for large contributions until I see how they function in our schemes, and see them against BIG10 competition. The RB from USC and Toures do seem to be good gets. If the RB is as physical as advertised, that would a very welcome addition to the Offense...

Ya, I probably could have explained myself better. We all look at potential when we evaluate new transfers, recruits, etc., and think about how they can help the team, or it would be a pretty dull offseason. I have just become a little gun-shy when it comes to counting on them for large contributions until I see how they function in our schemes, and see them against BIG10 competition. The RB from USC and Toures do seem to be good gets. If the RB is as physical as advertised, that would a very welcome addition to the Offense...
Take away the 2018 class, and its not bad so far
Noa, Culp, Vokolek and Daniels

Last edited:
I’m with you on the gun shy, but half the fun in the off-season is that speculation as to how we can fill holes or create depth. Starters could backslide, and backups could jump starters, and that’s what keeps life interesting for me. New guys from other programs are interesting because they can give us some insight into areas others might be doing something different or better.

Ok, just to be clear, Wandale’s QB had a 71% completion percentage, and Toure’s had a 65%, so according to the stats, one would have figured WR had a better opportunity for receptions.

I like Wandale, but his inability to get loose even once prior to the last game of the season has me less confident than some about his ceiling.
Losing someone with Wandale's experience in our offense will be impossible to replace. Toure won't do that this coming year. Maybe year 2. Experience is what we will REALLY miss with Wandale.

Losing someone with Wandale's experience in our offense will be impossible to replace. Toure won't do that this coming year. Maybe year 2. Experience is what we will REALLY miss with Wandale.
Good point on missing Wandale's experience in this offense. The staff seemed to be pretty high on Will Nixon and then poof . . . injured and out for the year. We really could have used his experience next fall from this Covid year.

Here's hoping Mr. Nixon proves to be slicker than the "I am not a crook" Nixon.

I feel like there’s some kids who aren’t going to find what they’re looking for in the portal. Are there really enough spots for all those players?
Probably, but not at the level most of these dudes hoped for. Alabama isn’t calling. Lol.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back