• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Losing QB's to the portal

I have $20 that says LM wears a DONU Jersey in fall 2021.

i think he just needed a mental break, entering the portal allows him to think things over.

Is he a QB?
Does he really want to leave his teammates at DONU?
Does he see himself at the next level, and if so, should it be like which brother? RB, or QB?

Since he has not left campus, I think that says a lot about Not wanting to break ties with his friends here.

GBR
Are you sure Frost would welcome back someone who basically QUIT?

Look at the long string he gave Mo Washington.

And yes I think he would let him come back from all we know about how LM and the team parted company.

You have to wonder what kind of rope he'll give kids now BECAUSE of Mo.

He took a lot of flack and created issues in his own locker room on that one.

Granted, McCaffrey is a different deal, but I do think Frost's mindset may be different the next time around.

Haven't written smothers off. Just saying he isn't ready according to some. Needs some improved arm strength. Will he be by fall? Possibly. I think he'll probably have success here once he is ready.
Needs better arm strength according to who? Please don’t say guys on the board, because we know no one is watching practice, and I wouldn’t put much stock in ‘heard from a guy, who heard from a guy’.

Heck, I think Trevor Lawrence could be better with more arm strength, which is to say nearly every QB could benefit from more velocity, but I don’t think it’s critical for his success. Put Brees’ vision and accuracy together with Luke’s body, and do we doubt he’d have phenomenal success?As for readiness, we had 2 other players taking the bulk of the snaps coming into this season, and no spring for Smothers. Maybe we see what this spring is like before we assume his lack of readiness.

Needs better arm strength according to who? Please don’t say guys on the board, because we know no one is watching practice, and I wouldn’t put much stock in ‘heard from a guy, who heard from a guy’.

Heck, I think Trevor Lawrence could be better with more arm strength, which is to say nearly every QB could benefit from more velocity, but I don’t think it’s critical for his success. Put Brees’ vision and accuracy together with Luke’s body, and do we doubt he’d have phenomenal success?As for readiness, we had 2 other players taking the bulk of the snaps coming into this season, and no spring for Smothers. Maybe we see what this spring is like before we assume his lack of readiness.
Its not from the guys on the board although it has been discussed on this board with certain in touch posters verifying. My source has connections to people at practice. But I'll repeat.......nobody is saying he's a bust. Just wasn't ready last fall. Among the things that was making him not ready was arm strength. Does that mean he can only throw it 55 yards instead of 65? I'm not sure. I think its probably more noticeable in the throws that need to be delivered quickly to the sidelines. But that part I'm just guessing on so I'm not standing by that guess but it makes sense in Scott Frosts offense.

Its not from the guys on the board although it has been discussed on this board with certain in touch posters verifying. My source has connections to people at practice. But I'll repeat.......nobody is saying he's a bust. Just wasn't ready last fall. Among the things that was making him not ready was arm strength. Does that mean he can only throw it 55 yards instead of 65? I'm not sure. I think its probably more noticeable in the throws that need to be delivered quickly to the sidelines. But that part I'm just guessing on so I'm not standing by that guess but it makes sense in Scott Frosts offense.
Its what Ive heard. Has plenty o strength, but not every throw

Its what Ive heard. Has plenty o strength, but not every throw
I know there are plenty of guys who can throw it a long ways but struggle throwing it on a rope 20 yards. Not saying this is the deal. Just guessing. That was my biggest problem as a quarterback. I could throw farther than anyone on the team but didn't always have the quick release 20 yarder. Seemed to always float on me.

I know there are plenty of guys who can throw it a long ways but struggle throwing it on a rope 20 yards. Not saying this is the deal. Just guessing. That was my biggest problem as a quarterback. I could throw farther than anyone on the team but didn't always have the quick release 20 yarder. Seemed to always float on me.
Yea, keeping the nose down.
Its what Ive heard,and that sideline is a likely throw

He can get the ball down field, even his HS tape shows that, he was throwing 10-15 yds deeper than LM was with as much ease.
Another thing to notice is, he has a quick, sharp release at times to, not alot of wind up, and squares himself very well too.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back