• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke Officially transferring

Going to be tough to get someone in who is looking to start or at the least play a lot with AM entrenched as the starter

I don't see it happening or JUCO for that matter

Good point. It's likely that any QB Frost could recruit from the portal has decided to leave his current school because he's looking for a better situation for him. Frost telling a potential recruit from the portal "Martinez is our starter" would probably end that conversation pretty quickly. Frost selling a portal recruit on an open QB competition is pretty risky IMO. If the kid doesn't win the job in spring/fall practice there's at least a chance the kid leaves the team, or in a potentially worse scenario, becomes a problem in the locker room.

Good point. It's likely that any QB Frost could recruit from the portal has decided to leave his current school because he's looking for a better situation for him. Frost telling a potential recruit from the portal "Martinez is our starter" would probably end that conversation pretty quickly. Frost selling a portal recruit on an open QB competition is pretty risky IMO. If the kid doesn't win the job in spring/fall practice there's at least a chance the kid leaves the team, or in a potentially worse scenario, becomes a problem in the locker room.

Yup my point exactly

Lets go get a transfer or JUCO sounds good but in this case is not really realistic. Some folks will not like but if I were looking to transfer to play more it would not be a destination move for me

Look no further than Noah Vedrel who left to play more and look how that worked out

Going to be tough to get someone in who is looking to start or at the least play a lot with AM entrenched as the starter

Yep, that's the problem. We need a guy who can come in and be a solid #2 QB who is ready to play at a moment's notice. But who will want to come knowing that they have virtually no shot at being the starter? I guess maybe if you get a guy with 3 years left and pitch the opportunity to play some this year and to legitimately compete for the starting spot in 2022?

Yep, that's the problem. We need a guy who can come in and be a solid #2 QB who is ready to play at a moment's notice. But who will want to come knowing that they have virtually no shot at being the starter? I guess maybe if you get a guy with 3 years left and pitch the opportunity to play some this year and to legitimately compete for the starting spot in 2022?

Perhaps but even that would be tough

When it's all said and done, if the Huskers would shop the portal for a QB with LM's passing numbers, some on this board might not be happy...and as a matter of fact I would probably scratch my head. We are enamored with 4* and the name, but in two years have seen great playmaking ability, just not as a QB. And since he wants to be a QB, as does his brother then wish them well. I'm sure the Huskers can bring on hordes of people who can pass as well as LM at this moment. Good luck to the man, and his brother.

So with nobody leaving on defense...and guys coming back who could have called it a career...should we assume that Chin has NOT "turned up the heat on expectations" for defensive players? That is such a tired and lame explanation for guys leaving...retire it.
7 from defense in 2020, and 3 in 2021 is hardly nobody. Maybe check your facts before acting as a know it all. Never said there isn't a coaching problem, there could be, time will tell.

Here is where I think we can land someone. A 2nd stringer throws his name out there. Nobody bites, which will happen. When darn near every team in the country loses a QB to the portal, odds are we can get SOMEONE to come in. May not be what I would like, someone who could unseat AM, but at least someone for depth. You point out AM’s history of injuries so there will be playing time. The kid at least gets school paid for or a stipend.

I see a lot of downplaying the signicance of this. Maybe they are right and Nebraska will end up making the roster stronger. Addition through subtraction... BUT...

Let us also remember Kade Warner was a captain last season. With all the talk about culture, there isn't really a good spin on seeing a captain enter the transfer portal.

It sounds like we need a QB who isn't looking to start right away, has the wheels to run this offense, and has a background in a similar offense. Maybe Frost should go out and try to get Luke McCaffery, I've heard he is available.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back