• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Heupel to Tennessee

Both look like good hires, so give credit to the Vols for looking for a proven formula, even if it wasn’t at the P5 level.

Both look like good hires, so give credit to the Vols for looking for a proven formula, even if it wasn’t at the P5 level.
I don't follow UCF very much, I did like the Danny White hire, but I am not so sure about Heupel. I think that will take a couple of years to play out, but I think from an image stand point it looks good.

Tennessee fans are either cautiously optimistic or wondering how much the buyout will be in three years. All over the board on this hire. Only thing that might have been more surprising is to see Danny White hire Scott Frost! That might have caused a stir for a few people!:nod:

I don't follow UCF very much, I did like the Danny White hire, but I am not so sure about Heupel. I think that will take a couple of years to play out, but I think from an image stand point it looks good.
I think he’s a good, young guy. Has a taste of the SEC from Mizzou. There are other programs at UCF that have also been successful, so I think White has an eye for young coaching talent.

I think he’s a good, young guy. Has a taste of the SEC from Mizzou. There are other programs at UCF that have also been successful, so I think White has an eye for young coaching talent.

Look at the list of Danny White hires. I definitely want that guy making a hiring decision. Bobby Hurley at Buffalo, who left to take the ASU job. White replaces him with Nate Oats, who left to take the Bama job. Lance Leipold at Buffalo. Frost at UCF, and then Heupel. Johnny Dawkins at UCF.
That's a really good track record.

As a graduate of a mid major basketball school, I feel bad for UCF fans. Miami, FSU and UF will never allow them to get into either the ACC or SEC and the P5 conferences will never allow a G5 school a legit shot at winning a national championship. They're "stuck" as a mid major football school that will likely not ever be a "destination" job like Gonzaga is in basketball despite being a mid major.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back