• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021: What's the magic number?

How many wins are required in 2021 for Coach Frost to be back in 2022?

• Zero wins

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • 1-2 wins

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 3-4 wins

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 5-6 wins

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • More than 6 wins

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

I think at least 5 wins, and solid elsewhere. Like, looking at a well coached team that fought tough against the nations toughest schedule, or close to it. Be able to look at the team and really see it progress. His teams can’t get out of their own way so far. I don’t even think it’s all about the wins. Just look at the damn team, by and large, it’s terrible.

Gotta see at least .500 or I believe he's gone. 4 losing season in row then expect things are suddenly going improve in year 5? That's to much koolaide even for most Husker fans to swallow imo.

I've said before 2022 is the line in the sand. If no significant improvement through that season there will be a new coach in 2023.

With a regular non-COVID schedule, 6 wins gets a bowl. However both Moos and Coach Frost have said in articles this month they need to compete for the West, and that can only be done with 8 or more. It is not unreasonable to expect that in Year 4. Another losing season may not be recoverable.

GET TICKETS

Back