• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke Officially transferring

I am getting worried that these transfers may be part of a bigger issue below the surface. Frost was going to come in and change the culture and give them mental toughness. Wasn't it discussed during recruiting that Luke may need to play other positions outside of QB? Also, when you have Captains wanting to transfer, something else is going on.

I am getting worried that these transfers may be part of a bigger issue below the surface. Frost was going to come in and change the culture and give them mental toughness. Wasn't it discussed during recruiting that Luke may need to play other positions outside of QB? Also, when you have Captains wanting to transfer, something else is going on.
Being recognized for leadership as a captain, and buried on the depth chart are mutually exclusive. Dude missed catches that absolutely should have been made earlier in the year. Writing was on the wall if he stayed.

What confuses me is why young men or their parents/advisors cannot see where their future potential lies in football from a position stand point i.e. if they truly want a shot at the pro football. This regardless of the position played in high school. One could go all the way back to Crouch. Realizing the offense he played in worked for his skill set at QB his shot at the NFL and that money would have been much improved as receiver at a school with a different offense. T Armstrong probably would have had a better shot at the pros playing linebacker in college. T Martinez better shot playing receiver. Even Frost went back to Safety in the pros where he was a better fit. Begs the question: McCaffrey even Smothers????

I count 11 players have entered the TP for 2021! (Five 4 stars)
2021 Football Transfer Portal (247sports.com)

20 players in 2020 (Four 4 stars)
2020 Football Transfer Portal (247sports.com)

What the heck is going on!!!?

So by my quick scan, 2 from 2020 went to P5 schools, and only one was a significant contributor, and that wasn't as a full time starter, but a part time starter. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Do you not think Spielman, Wandale, Luke McCaffery , and even Warner understand commitment to championship football. My guess is the Warner learned a bit about perseverance from his father that was bagging groceries prior to winning a Super Bowl.
Warner’s decision is because he’s slipped to 3rd string, not because he’s thinking championships.

So by my quick scan, 2 from 2020 went to P5 schools, and only one was a significant contributor, and that wasn't as a full time starter, but a part time starter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Warner’s decision is because he’s slipped to 3rd string, not because he’s thinking championships.
Will it ever get to a point this year that you dare take a look at the leadership and hold them at all accountable?

Stop. Just because a guy transfers doesn't mean he's not a "fighter". Spielman got pounded on and kept getting up. Same with Robinson. And I didn't ever see or hear anything about Mccaffrey not being willing to work.
Chill. Who are you to tell me to stop? Theres a bit too much of the disrespect on here. Watch your tone of voice. I led my quote with most wont agree with this. You get knocked down and get back up? That's football man. I can say a kid is tough without saying he can fight through adversity. All 3 of the guys you mentioned were tough hard working football players. At the same time I can argue all 3 have a hard time fighting thru adversity. Spielman openly said he had some mental issues going on of some kind. Mcaffrey gets meaningful reps and runs away cuz he didnt get what he wants. Robinson couldn't handle being away from his mother. All 3 could be valid reasons, but all 3 are situations that people have fought through before. By the way I was specifically speaking about NFL players sons. Robinson was not one I dont believe, but i included him because you brought him up. Wonder if Damian jackson would leave the team if he was facing these situations. I know that hes an extreme case, but I'm just saying....

Will it ever get to a point this year that you dare take a look at the leadership and hold them at all accountable?
The leadership is hardly without blame, but I'm not like many who think every whim of an immature college student needs to be resolved by a coaching staff. Does Wan'Dale's decision make any sense, unless you factor in the proximity to family and likelihood he had his 'advisor' chirping in his ear? You have a guy who is supposed to be lightening in a bottle, but even as the focal point of an offense, was unable to break a play to the endzone until the last game of the year? Heck, I'd think even a fairly average athlete could manage that, but because he couldn't, all of this is on the staff? Now we have Luke, which is I'm sure the only one you really have issues about because the other two are truly forgettable from a player production standpoint. Luke, a guy who is supposed to be all in on being a project and playing behind Adrian, all in on the possibility of changing positions if it would help the team and get him on the field more, yet when push comes to shove, it appears we weren't all in with those areas. And that's on the coach how?

If the staff has made mistakes, they are looking like they are based in what they are telling the kids to keep them happy, how they are trying to get them touches to keep them happy, and telling the world what great and talented guys they are to keep them happy. Maybe a little less of that, and a few more glimpses of reality would be a better thing going forward.

Chill. Who are you to tell me to stop? Theres a bit too much of the disrespect on here. Watch your tone of voice. I led my quote with most wont agree with this. You get knocked down and get back up? That's football man. I can say a kid is tough without saying he can fight through adversity. All 3 of the guys you mentioned were tough hard working football players. At the same time I can argue all 3 have a hard time fighting thru adversity. Spielman openly said he had some mental issues going on of some kind. Mcaffrey gets meaningful reps and runs away cuz he didnt get what he wants. Robinson couldn't handle being away from his mother. All 3 could be valid reasons, but all 3 are situations that people have fought through before. By the way I was specifically speaking about NFL players sons. Robinson was not one I dont believe, but i included him because you brought him up. Wonder if Damian jackson would leave the team if he was facing these situations. I know that hes an extreme case, but I'm just saying....

Don't waste your time. You were trying to be civil and respectful.

My take is this. These were Frost's guys....He recruited them. Made them both, two varying degrees the face of the program. Said LM was the future.....And they both just bailed.....

Then you have LM and Kade who's super bowl winning, pro-bowling, Hall of Fame dads let their kids leave. I am trusting their knowledge of the direction of the program and the use of their kids over fans.....Myself included.

This isn't a good look for the program. If you do not think that this team, at least on offense, doesn't have some serious issues you are kidding yourselves.....This team has problems...... My hope is it resolves behind the scenes and doesn't become public....Houston, we have a problem....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back